How about LESS arts?

that's a nasty restriction indeed!
About about deleterious circumstances: living target?

Yep, but there's nothing wrong with that. It certainly means that the character is going to be a necromancer.

I have recently become rather enamoured of characters with quite brutal restrictions (and maledictions). It really gives a superb rationale for characters to have weird spells and idiosyncratic practises and interests in mystery cults etc (as various ways to try to cope with the restriction); which ultimately makes for much more interesting characters.

You do realise that as you worded it, you cant target elements, you cant target "above that dude over there", you cant target Vis, you cant target illusions etc etc...
Ergo, why i would at least prefer to change it to "only non-living" as that at least doesnt make so many forms so largely useless.

I certainly do see your point about have very big and clear "downsides" in characters, but i think this one overdoes it more than a little.

Of course, that's why you have sodales.

And if you are worried about menial "lifting and carrying", "digging holes", etc tasks, then that's what zombies are for.

That's why you have a Legion of Undead Minions.

You can if it is in dead things. So, Gather the Essence of Beast is viable (after the Legion of Undead Minions has hunted down and killed said beast, of course).

If you are feeling left out, you can buy items from another magus to detect vis/auras, etc. You can still extract vis from the aura too --- that's not a spell/item effect.

Who needs to? Death shatters all illusions.

Problems with illusions are your sodales' problem.

A real necromancer solves problems by piling up sufficient volume of corpses!

Certainly, there's no harm in doing that if you want. However, it seems to show insufficient Commitment to the Necromancer Lifestyle, to me.

Next you'll be telling me that such a Restriction makes Personal Range spells useless...

Find and enslave one of those Hermetic ghosts from Mysteries. Or more than one.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:

Lets just say i have a slight feeling that you might be going a wee bit far...

Now i´m just waiting for you to start writing out maniacal evil laughter with plenty of exclamation marks at the end, maybe start wearing a nice white labcoat with a biohazard sign on, maybe having the phone number to the local mad scientist union on your sig...
:mrgreen: