How strong is a giant?

I don't recall anything stating that a human with Magic Might is bound by the attribute limits of +5 that applies to a normal human? Giants are magic humans, after all, and there are giants with higher Strength for sure.

1 Like

But it is! By ArM5 mechanics children and the elderly have lower characteristics than adults "at their peak", so the latter are somewhat above human average.

As others noted, if you are talking about a magic human, i.e. one with Might, there's no limit to how high characteristics can go (though it's expensive: each +1 above the mundane max is a Major Quality) -- see RoP:M p.38.

As I said, the basic version allows you to lift and carry.
Swinging a held object with Rego, or tossing something (note that you can toss something with magic without it falling to the ground) are two related powers, that are not really priced by equivalent strength but by "result", i.e. how much damage they do. I was saying that as a SG I'd allow a "versatile" power that combines the three, priced at the cost of the most expensive plus 1 (or maybe 2) magnitudes for flexibility.

Sure! That would be an impossibly strong character made incredibly weak by anything shutting off his power.

You can just take the Major Quality Improved Characteristic (RoP:M p.38) repeatedly after hitting +5.

I like that!

1 Like