How to restore a damaged tractatus

Whether you believe that a book can be fully restored with magic or not, the vis cost for a creo ritual to do so is probably prohibitive. Putting it another way, you can probably go out and buy another sound tractatus with the vis that you would end up spending to restore it. Not doing the level calculation, because I know it is at least 4 pawns, because all rituals are a minimum of 20th level. And 2 pawns will get you a sound tractatus if you are patient, 3 pawns will get you one sooner if you are impatient, and that's ~Q11...

Did we just stumble upon a situation that actually fits the guideline for creation using Hermetic Rune Magic?

I have found that a way of dealing with stingy GMs is to do nothing.

You don't have the resources to perform the mission, follow the quest, or otherwise pursue the story? Don't. Be nice, civil, reasonable, and otherwise polite about it, but do not put effort into doing the thing that you can't do as a result of inflicted poverty. When asked or pressed, point out that you don't have what you need - money, vis, mana, access to weapons, whatever it is that's being withheld. Resources are grease for plot machinery. No resources, no movement. Every moving thing needs lubrication.

I am presuming that the stinged-upon have made a legitimate effort to acquire the needed resources, or don't have them upfront, or is actually being shorted.

If this storyguide presented you with a damaged tractatus and his plot hinges on you being able to use it in some fashion, and the damage makes it unusable, he has a problem. If it's a side item, he doesn't. Discard it and move on.

In the end manager to get on season of free studing in Durenmar plus a positive réputation as a seeker there.
I tried getting acclaim point but he doesnt recognise that guideline
Positive réputation in Durenmar is still good i think

Unless the tractatus seemed to be important to your mage, that's not a bad trade.