InMe, range and interference with own common sense

Hi,

Given the guideline from A&A p. 33
The Level 5 guideline “Sense a single emotion in a being” reads the target’s esti-mation, as does the Level 10 “Sense all of the emotions in a being.” This guideline can also read a single sensory input from the target’s common sense.

A magus could cast this at range touch, or eye and keep looking through the eyes of another for as long as the duration permits, no matter where the target is going, correct?
Now how practical or impractical can durations longer than concentration be?
Is this mixing with the magus own common sense, or replacing it? Or can the magus "switch" between his own and the targets?

It's an Intellego spell so you would be targeting a sense.'

So you would end up tasting or smelling their mood.

SO maybe have a spell so you smell roses when people are afraid.

Not sure I a getting the response... A&A p. 33 has the following spell using the guideline:

That's similar, just with range arcane connection. So I guess targeting an individual in touch range is definitely in scope of the guideline.

So my questions where whether the target can leave touch range without disrupting the spell's effect and how the caster can handle the additional s3nsory load on his common sense.

Not all Intellego spells have the special Target:Sense parameter, and those that don't do not tend to have this type of description.
The baseline is that you "Sense" information without it being conveyed through any specific sense: the information just magically comes to your mind.

I need to look further, but I don't buy that the "Baseline" is better and more useful than any of the available magnitude options.

I have to question that spell. The core book ruled it a different base. Take a look at "shared senses" on page 105, also done with Touch as you want. There it uses InMe base 15. A&A does spell it out, but these two are definitely in disagreement.

1. I'd argue that A&A presents not only this spell, but also a concrete guideline (not only by analogy) for this.
    Reading A&A p. 32 this seems to be a conscious decision.
  1. Irrespective of the base or whether we agree on what the base should be: What about the actual question about how a magus would cope with the mix of his own and a foreign sense?

Can you use magic to see through the back of your head?

There are no reason a smell of fear should be confused with "rose" to your wits. You could decide to limit it that way, but that's a troupe's choice.