Investigations

Okeannetis smiles at Elephant-Killer, and raises an eyebrow "You know how to handle a steel weapon? If you do, I'd be more than happy to see you provided with one.
Hmmm, I'll admit that my skill at making plants grow is abysmal, but if that is your sustenance, then I will strive to learn how to do that, so I can grow your favored plants. Earlier, you did mention that you can kill Elephants, do you just leave them to rot? Why the enmity towards Elephants?"

This does make sense and I'm pretty happy knowing that - I just felt a bit at loose ends not knowing if you missed the message or if I just had began a giant multi-day task. Should I get myself lumped into someone else's story thread for now? It does look like Argentius and Lares are following similar paths.

Yeah, you'd probably run into us faffing around with the muggles anyway.

part of the issue is also that "I try to accomplish X" dos not say anything about how you are trying to accomplish X- I really need an action, not an intention, to respond to.

Aetherius will assess the effectiveness of his lab (size, refinement, virtues and flaws, specializations, equipment, etc.).

Aetherius' lab has maps(lesser feature), specimins, astronomical equipment (lesser feature), a mirror (lesser feature), a large antechamber (greater feature), is spacious and well refined (6 levels), and of course has the ever present vile surroundings (occupied size:2, safety:6, health:-2, aesthetics:4, expirimentation:3, Intelligo:1, Pe 1, and Vim:1)

(( So, the good news is I found some information from @silveroak that I'd missed before, like, three days ago. I lost it in the middle of a post with his responses to a number of other people. not sure if I just missed it completely, or if it was added after I had read that post (since my paragraph was edited in after the inital post). Either way, I'll just bull ahead and try to be more thorough with my actions and postings to give Silveroak more to go on. ))

Distractions.
One minute Plasmatoris is hard at work, speaking with the covenfolk, tracking down the skilled craftsmen and discussing the status of the covenant's inhabitants. The next minute, he's in his lab, trying to ignore the faeries while studying some intricate notes on his future self's experimentations into artistic advancement. Also, apparently three hours have passed, according to the scholar who came to talk to him, breaking the Jerbiton out of his reverie.
"Three hours?" he says, Plasmatoris's face screwing up in confusion, peering out the wide window to the sky. "Oh, yes. Three hours looks about right, actually." With a deep sigh, he shakes his head and puts away his notes, turning back to the young man. Then he takes another deep breath, this one less of a sigh and more preparing himself. "Again, tell me again," he says to the man, and begins to add the notes to his stack of papers.
"Here, take these notes - the list of our inhabitants I've collected - and make a copy for every magus of the covenant, and return them to me once you are done."

With that promised task finally finished, Plasmatoris will head back to the scholars and scribes who speak Latin, seeking out one or two people who can serve as translators as he continues to gather information on the residents.

Plasmatoris will explicitly seek out the former chamberlains - the heads of each faction - and make sure he gets their names correct, and where they are staying in the covenant. Plasmatoris will, through his interpreter, attempt to gauge their current potential to reclaim their former duties, then whether-or-not they currently are good choices, he's going to assign them to start organizing their own factions, and order them to report to the magi with their findings that evening.

((Also, since my work is parallel to Argentius and Lares, should I join their thread?))

1 Like

Did Aetherius find anything in his notes in regards to a non-hermetic youth ritual, or something that he might connect to the covenant's rejuvenation?

Yes, plasmatoris should join argentius and Lares.

Aetherius has found mention of a number of your rituals from non hermetic sources, but nothing he has actively investigated- they seem to be more rumors or myths than anything suggesting a discovery.

After realizing his lab is good for scrying magic, Tastheus will again look through his records for why this site was picked, and any details on the covenant's founding.

Zarkut will engage the spirit he's bonded to in conversation again.

"Do you remember anything before the moment when I woke up this morning? Please tell me what the flow of events was as you recall them."

Tastheus finds the letter- he was asked to join this covenant as the most central one in Africa to serve as the first and head quaesitor for the new tribunal. The letter emphasizes the faith the grand quaesitor has that you will manage to develop strong investigative capabilities and guide the developing culture to one which greatly respects the rule of law. "The last thing I remember before you woke up? I remember an old man headed towards my lands, praying to me."

Must have been lost in the crowd.

Elephant killer blinks "Only elephants fight back. Everything else runs."

Silas looks at the text written at the tablet, in attempting to show of the item he discovers that Jessica can’t see the text, he shrugs a little. A bit inconvenient but could be worse.

Silas looks through the various piles of text in his laboratory again looking for any Initiation Script that might be hiding there.

Silas finds a locked drawer containing initiation scripts for curse binding, verditius elder runes, and craft automata.

Tastheus will also check his lab for any enchanted items. Specifically travel items.

In the evening, Aetherius will report for dinner with his sodales, once they're done with their daily investigations. (up to GM to decide when this occur, I think I'm done posting until then)

Tastheus doesn't find any enchanted items in his lab, but some of his notes suggest that his personae have established residences in Cairo and Morrocco which might hold such items.

Tastheus will also check for defences that may be activated in his sactum. He also will check for any books or letters on a mystery cult or an initiation, to try and understand which Mystery he joined.