Investigations

He shakes his head "Mother does not remember anyone at the covenant, and does not believe us when we tell her what has happened. She believes we are all spirits made flesh sent to torment her."

Silas scratches the back of his head.

“Strawberries? I wouldn’t expect it’s the right climate, but perhaps something could be arranged. I will keep it in mind for the future.”

"Bah. Let us hope she will come around with time. What about the supper? It would be nice to get to know the family a bit better."

[OOC: We don't necessarily need to play through the supper, if they agree, just say they had one.]

They do agree to supper.

"Excellent. Let us have supper here, perhaps Barshako will be encouraged to join us."

Lares tries to be as nice as he can to everyone. He makes sure to ask everyone what services they performed for the covenant - he wants to know what expertise he has "in the family".

"Do you mean what we remember contributing at the age we are or what we were contributing before we were, to exaggerate the term, rejuvenated?"

"Are those different? I suppose I am more interested in what you can do now, but I would also be interested if that has often changed at a later age. That might affect the organization of the covenant."

Merin nods "at this age I ma, or was, a sort of roving assistant. Not gifted enough to be of a true help in the labs but I know enough of magic theory to set up a lab or copy books, sometimes I was hired simply to clean the labs for a season, or help to organize them after a minor incident. I understand that later in life I was a teacher, especially of magic theory to the covenfolk you wished to be trained in that ability, and potentially to any apprentices you would, or maybe did recruit. My wife is a weaver, and makes clothes of animal hair and cotton. We have ot heard of anything she does later in life. My eldest son helps make paper that is more suited to this climate and does not need enchantments to protect."

"Thank you."

Lares thinks for a minute, then asks Merin's children:

"Do you recall any of us magi having apprentices?"

"Aetherius had one, I heard that Tastheus did as well, but they both left the covenant after their gauntlet." The younger son replies.

Lares with them about everyday stuff, then heads off to bed. At the door, he turns around and asks:

"By the way: at what time of the month do you remember me using the cage room? It's still full moon, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is the full moon. Have you checked the stars to determine what date it is?"

"I haven't, but it's not the full moon, so I suppose I'm good."

[OOC: I suppose we don't know the date yet? I can't remember. If we haven't done so yet, Lares will try to determine the date after he leaves the supper. After that he goes to bed.]

A casual glance at the evening sky plus what you have found in documentation have provided a rough idea of when it is, but nobody has used astronomical equipment and made an artes liberales roll to nail it down yet. You would need to borrow the equipment in someone else's lab who has the equipment, or they would need to do it- Tastheus and Aetherius have astronomical devices as lab features.

Lares decides someone with better means should deal with the date issue, and goes to bed.

After sitting and pondering all that he has experienced Silas return to his bed room with the large cross. He puts back his tools in the chest where he found them and says goodnight to Jessica and shutting himself into the bedroom where he woke up.

He undress and tries to get some shut eye even though there are still many unanswered questions floating around in his head.

Tastheus takes a long times to inventory all on his laboratory : personnal notes about spells, researches and future projects, summae or tractatus before working about the new code of Hermes.

By the end of Fall, Zarkut has gone through all his notes and correspondence that were in Arabic, skimming to find anything related to the rejuvenation or to any urgent/important issues that may have been lurking.

This thread is for activities in the spring, which is completed.

Apologies.