Investigations

Okeannetis finds pens or other housing for Set-beast, Horus-beast, sphynx, monocerous, Ammit (lion, hippo & crocodile), phoenix, Aani (dog headed ape), Takafsa, and Roc

The arts to bind the monocerous according to the lab texts are perdo and vim, though your notes indicate uncertainty about whether another technique would have worked, since there is no technique that matches shear endurance well. Obviously she has invested the bond with mental communication, and apparently a variation on razor sharp steel claws that affect its horn, as well as the ability to shapechange into a human. It also has the ability to change you into a monocerous.

Just a prod since my earlier exploration of residents hasn't had a response (I'm unsure if that is because I don't have a response yet time-wise, or because you haven't decided the response, or missed it.)

Also, when Plasmatoris was going through his lab notes, did he find anything regarding his familiar? Any powers in the bond, or notes on the abilities of his beautiful butterfly?

Silas looks confused at the two Arabs.

“But every Verditius has a studio. I find this rather hard to believe, are you certain you haven’t simply forgotten the location? Surely one of the buildings in the vicinity of my laboratory is also mine, where i bring guests and meet with other magi? What about Argentius, doesn’t he have a place to show off his creations?”

Are any of the lab texts fully written, or are they all in short hand form?

Do I still have the statue that gave me the insight, or just the insight lab text? Any notes on where I found that statue?

What are the strengths of the cords? Are there any familiar enchantments (beyond what I assume to be constant mental communication)? Any notes on the powers of the familiar?

Aetherius smiles, seeing his latest lab project. "Very interesting. Definitely something I must complete somehow."

After the lunch session, Tastheus will ask some grogs about the other store rooms that haven't been mentioned yet. If he has no luck, he will go snooping around on his own. He's sure there's a Mercere portal, or flying chariot/ship/carpet, or other enchanted items hidden around somewhere.

From the lab notes on the bonding the butterfly should have a might of 60, and apparently had enough intrinsic powers that Plasmatoris didn't feel it necessary to empower the bond beyond mental communication.

The arab shakes his head at Silas' question. "You have kept very much to yourself, except by mail. Perhaps you have a studio outside that you sent your works to?

of the lab texts in the labs are in shorthand.
from the notes you should still hve the statue around the lab somewhere...

the bond is empowered so Ibis can allow Aetherius to see through his eyes, and so that Aetherius can give Ibis sight targeted spells to see auras, regio entrances, enchantments, and Gifted individuals.

The grogs take Tastheus to a store room containing food, along with large jars of water.

While pleased to see that the covenant has large water stores, Tastheus will poke around and look for another store room of enchanted items or a Mercere Portal.

How long do you spend looking for that which does not exist?

1 Like

Aetherius will try and locate the statuette which inspired that insight. He'll also take some time to assess the laboratory. He also calls his familiar. I found something interesting on our links. Aetherius will activate the enchantment allowing his familiar to see enchantments. "See anything interesting? I have notes saying you can share your sight, as well. This is but one of the enchantments I weaved into our bond."

Silas shrugs at the Arabs suggestion. He tries to keep a straight face, but this was an unexpected discovery which has disappointed him. Outside? Not impossible. It should be relatively easy to find out if it really exists. But would I leave my creation somewhere not under my direct control? No matter what the lack on the site is another thing that needs to be rectified. How could I not have set up a place where the worthy could marvel at my creations? There must have been some reason. It does seem like we didn’t expect many guests at our site…

Suddenly remembering the two Arabs standing in front of him, Silas collects his thoughts and speaks.

“Well no matter. I am not sure your names or duties but if one of you have some time perhaps you could show me around the site? I shall see to it so it will be worth your time.”

How long do you spend looking for that which does not exist?

It will take at least an two hours of thorough searching for Tastheus to conclude there is no storeroom of enchanted items, flying carpets/chariots/ships, or Mercere Portals. He is convinced "future him" would have purchased or installed such items.

It takes 20 minutes of searching for Aetherius to find the statue- a gray piece of staone carved to look like a woman with huge breasts and a massive, pregnant belly. When he activates the Ibis' sight it reports "Well okay, all the moving statue men just started glowing."

One of the men agrees and gives Silas a tour of the covenant, which is divided into three sections, each with its own distinct form of architecture.

Silas follows along and observes the layout of the site. Sometimes he inserts question here and there about the purpose of different buildings and structures. He tries to gauge if most are residential buildings or if they are more dedicated to other purposes. He asks them to estimate how many lives in each section. Along the way he also tries to make inquiries about potential sanatorium and sick districts. He’s careful not to mention leprosy but that’s his true interest in the questions. If other have fallen victim to the disease it would be harder to keep it a secret.

Once the tour is completed Silas thanks them and say he will remember them taking the time. Silas starts walking back to his laboratory.

There are houses and workshops in each district, you get the impression that there have been a few over the years who have contracted leprosy, but that the Arabs and Berbers at least assign blame for such to the Red, and turn the lepers out of the community to preserve the general health of the community.

"Do you want to look arround, and see if you see anything else glowing on the covenant's ground?"

Well back in his laboratory he greets Jessica and make sure that nobody has been there looking for him. With the new knowledge of just how much vis the covenant posses Silas once again examines his laboratory. Trying to see what it has been specialized for and which features has been installed.

Since his fellow house member was so eager to make an addendum to the Charter Silas decides that he should make a draft for it. The prospect of compete with Argentius once again and potentially beating him fills Silas with determination and motivation. This isn’t exactly his expertise, but he has some ideas of what he would like to include.

Plasmatoris is quite satisfied with the strength of his apparent lifelong companion. He does check on how Rainbow Within a Dewdrop is doing, asking if his familiar is exploring the area and getting a good sense of the place, finding places to enjoy himself. After all, if you're not living well, what point is there to living?

Plasmatoris's next focus is going to be speaking with the Covenfolk again, seeking out leaders - former leaders? - and seeking out the younger members who know the area and can help him find the lay of the land, the number of residents, and the professions of everyone.

The Jerbiton is also going to find himself a translator and a scribe to help him take notes, if he can.

Okeannetis tells Elephant-Killer about the enchaments in the bond, and let's him see how he likes both his claws enhanced and the ability to take human form. Only if he asks, will she tell him that he can make her change into monocerous as well, but will tell him that since they can each activate the powers of the others, that the other should agree or ask, for the power to be invoked.

She will go out and check on the other magical creatures, to see that they are well fed and taken care of, and to get to know them, if they can speak. She will be in awe of them, to some degree, and be willing to show it.

Silas finds his labratory has the lathe(wheel:lesser feature), and the altar (greater feature), 2 levels of refinement, laid out as a septagon (auspicious shape), and well insulated, the surroundings (vile) there wasn't much that could be done about, but you have enchantments for lighting, the cross which spits out demon's eternal oblivion, and a walnut tablet which displays a mental inventory of personality traits of whomever is holding it. (Size:4, refinement:2, safety:2, Warping:2, health -2, aesthetics:5, expirimentation:1, texts:1, Pe:1, Re:1, Im:1, Me:3, Vim:6)

Elephant killer is interested in Okeannetis discovery and acknowledges her statement about activating each others powers "It would seem you have the advantage if we would conflict on this, so I will agree."

The other magical creatures appear to be well taken care of.

Reposting since unacknowledged.