Investigations

Okeannetis tells Elephant-Killer about the enchaments in the bond, and let's him see how he likes both his claws enhanced and the ability to take human form. Only if he asks, will she tell him that he can make her change into monocerous as well, but will tell him that since they can each activate the powers of the others, that the other should agree or ask, for the power to be invoked.

She will go out and check on the other magical creatures, to see that they are well fed and taken care of, and to get to know them, if they can speak. She will be in awe of them, to some degree, and be willing to show it.

Silas finds his labratory has the lathe(wheel:lesser feature), and the altar (greater feature), 2 levels of refinement, laid out as a septagon (auspicious shape), and well insulated, the surroundings (vile) there wasn't much that could be done about, but you have enchantments for lighting, the cross which spits out demon's eternal oblivion, and a walnut tablet which displays a mental inventory of personality traits of whomever is holding it. (Size:4, refinement:2, safety:2, Warping:2, health -2, aesthetics:5, expirimentation:1, texts:1, Pe:1, Re:1, Im:1, Me:3, Vim:6)

Elephant killer is interested in Okeannetis discovery and acknowledges her statement about activating each others powers "It would seem you have the advantage if we would conflict on this, so I will agree."

The other magical creatures appear to be well taken care of.

Reposting since unacknowledged.

'At this height? Here look." Suddenly Aetherius can see the covenant through Ibis' eyes. The entirety of the covenant takes up less than half your field of vision, with the automatons glowing.

"Sharing your eyes is truly marvelous." Aetherius will alternate between activations of the various aura and regio detection spells to see whether there is anything unknown that can be seen from up there.

Aetherius sees the boundaries of the auras he already knew about- a strong aura for the covenant with a stronger peak just off center where the magi's houses were the meeting point of the three faction's houses.
He sees no regios.

He'll invite his Ibis back to his sanctum, to see whether there were any magical items there, and finish evaluating the lab.

As Silas finishes his first draft, he gets up and stretches a little. He walks over to the walnut tablet and its associated lab texts.

Violent and angry? That’s odd… A curious item altogether. I wonder how I put it to use. Seems like a good item to put a curse in… Though the lab text doesn’t mention any, doesn’t mean it’s totally safe though... Maybe I should hold on to this item for now. Could be useful as we try to get more information from the covenfolk. Doesn’t hurt to carry it around at least. I suppose I should experiment a little with it first though. Those wands could be useful as well, though identifying them is harder... And besides I only know what two are supposed to do…

Silas reaches out and grabs the tablet as he raises his voice to get Jessica’s attention.

“Say Jessica do you have a way to lower your magical defences?”

Jessica looks at you "No, my resistance is intrinsic, not something I can lower."

(will answer Aetherius magic items later)

1 Like

Silas sighs.

“I assumed as much… I guess I have no luck today.”

Silas concentrates and lower his magical defences while holding the tablet.

After concluding there is no storeroom of enchanted items and a Mercere Portal, Tastheus will investigate his own laboratory for what kind of equipment is installed in it.

"I don't think either of us has an advantage here. We're equals. Sure, I can turn you into human shape if you decide to run, or attack me, though i do not see why you would, but you can make life difficult for me by turning me into a monocorous at importune times, so I'd say we're about equal, as we should be. While I have lost much knowledge, I find you a very impressive creature, and I can see some of the reasons why I would have tried to befriend you and make you my Familiar. Do tell, what are things you like to eat? thing that might excite you? I have no knowledge of your kind, and am truly fascinated."

Aetherius finds that the female statue is magical, as is a small jade statue of a scarab beetle.

As Silas lowers his parma the item reports his current personality traits (without values) which is everything on the character sheet plus Hubris.

Tastheus finds his labpratory is well insulated with superior construction, has outer defenses, is spacious, spotless, and highly organized. It uses regular oil lamps, which are plentiful instead of magical lighting (superior lighting), and houses astrological devices (minor feature), a balance (minor feature), desk and map (both minor features), a mirror (minor feature), and s well refined (3 levels) in addition to the immutable vile surroundings. (occupied size:5, refinement:3, General quality:1, upkeep 1, health -1, aesthetics:9, texts:1, Cr:1, In:5, Pe:1, Im:1)

Elephant killer replies "You could also refuse to give me steel weapons when i need them. It is a small advantage though, and I do believe you intend us to be equal, or else you would not have given me any power over you. I eat grass, bushes, whatever grows in my territory. Not much grows here however."

(( OOC I know I'm supposed to post once a day, but I haven't had any response yet for my attempts to wrangle the scholars and younger covenfolk into some kind of order, so I'm doing a repost of my previous ))

After resting for a few minutes, Zarkut will try another improvised InCo (same guideline) to find his own age.

(( OOC How does it appear? Written in Latin on the surface? Eventually fading? Engrave on it? Or is it mentally communicated to him? ))

Aetherius will check his notes to see if the scarab beetle was already investigated or not.

Organizing people turns out to be a hige undertaking, not everyone is sre what their own position is or should be, in addition to which there are factional rivalries "I'm going to organize the covenfolk' is a project that will take weeks as a general task.

Zarkut find he is, or at least his body is, according to the spell, 27 years old.

The words appear in Latin on the surface- to Silas. Apparently, anyone else simply sees a blank surface, though it is possible to activate the tablet while touching it to someone else to read their personality traits.

The beetle has not been investigated, all his notes indicate is that it was found in a tomb outside Morrocco.

1 Like

Okeannetis smiles at Elephant-Killer, and raises an eyebrow "You know how to handle a steel weapon? If you do, I'd be more than happy to see you provided with one.
Hmmm, I'll admit that my skill at making plants grow is abysmal, but if that is your sustenance, then I will strive to learn how to do that, so I can grow your favored plants. Earlier, you did mention that you can kill Elephants, do you just leave them to rot? Why the enmity towards Elephants?"

This does make sense and I'm pretty happy knowing that - I just felt a bit at loose ends not knowing if you missed the message or if I just had began a giant multi-day task. Should I get myself lumped into someone else's story thread for now? It does look like Argentius and Lares are following similar paths.