Islam, Judaism and Commanding Aura

RoP: D mentions that "the chief muftis and qadis of the Muslim states...and their senior subordinates" receive the Commanding Aura. Yet "chief mufti" is not usually "conferred" by anyone (particularly the caliph...), it's a measure of high Reputation, and Islam does not in fact have a formal Senior Clergy. Which leads me to a dilemma for dealing with the Commanding Aura of Islamic clerics.

Should Islamic muftis get Commanding Aura at all, and if so, should it be a factor of Reputation and skill in Theology and Islamic Law rather than a specific office? Or am I sniffing down the wrong path?

This question may also be applied to Judaism, since the rules for Commanding Aura mention "chief rabbis," but again, no Jewish senior clergy or rules for same.

Hi,

I can speak to the Jewish issue:

There's just one Jewish kingdom in period, just outside of Mythic Europe, so there isn't much in the way of Jewish state clergy.

But there is a chief rabbi in Baghdad, in period, iirc. Also, there are various Jewish institutions, which a rabbi can clearly lead. Finally, it is almost always very clear who is the leading rabbi in a city or community, and this position is either official or semi-official, especially where Jews are permitted limited self-government within their enclaves. One cannot become a rabbi without being ordained by another rabbi; reputation is not sufficient.

It is also straightforward to change the rules slightly for each religion, since each uses its own system.

Anyway,

Ken