[item design] Bob the Skull (Dresden Files reference)

Yes, but Coerce requires you to threaten and cajole the spirit into helping. Building a spell in which torments the spirit at a simple command word would certainly achieve that.

Plus, this guy pissed me off and killed a friend of mine.

Do I need the CrIm effect to allow the spirit to communicate with me?

Got it. Need to get friendly with a necromancer....

Doesn't the code have prohibitions against binding spirits, regardless of the binding power source? And isn't binding always infernally tainted, even if the power source is magic or fairie?

I'm a little confused about some of that stuff, and trying to sort it out. I've got a pc hermetic magus in my saga with summon/bind/command, and I've been trying to sort all that out, but each time one of us delves into RoP:I, we come up with slightly different answers.

Summoning is always at least tainted, when it ain't outright infernal. You have the choice at chargen.

Now, Commanding, Binding and Ablating are ALWAYS infernal powers, not just "infernally tainted".

But here, binding refers to the verb, not to the Goetic power from RoP: tI. You can summon and bind spirits with hermetic magic (although it's less powerful than the infernal power), and this is what's being referenced here.