Item for moderation - Verditius crossbow

I don't think there is a limit on making them for your grogs though? :slight_smile:

cj x

Not formally, but several role playing reasons come up. First, in the eyes of Verditius, each item is like unto a child, and that gets worse as Hubris rises. Second, it is a point of pride for most in the house to make the best item one can. Making a lot of inferior items to give to your grogs is probably going to cost you status in the house and deny you access to house Mysteries. Last, the limit on selling magic items is kind of informal. Playing games like that might just make it a formal rule. House Verditius will not be happy with you......

Yes, agreed. I can see making one for your shield grog as quite acceptable though?

cj x

I always thought the rule was
1 to anyone outside the OoH.
as many as you want within the OoH.
of course, this does depend upon your grogs being either incredibly well paid, or finding vis...

K.

Your shield grog? Heck, that's not only allowed, it's encouraged! That's advertising, showing you are a Master. It just gets tricky when you apply 20th century thinking and try to trick out a whole unit with Armor Of Quality and Magic Auto-fire Repeating Crossbows......

Have a look at the Rusticani section of HOH:Societates for the one person in canon who tried this- arming all his grogs with magic items - not a Verditius. :slight_smile: I can't remember exactly what is said there unfortunately, but the fellow was called Tres. Assuming one magi per grog, I can't see anyone being bothered. If you have one magi and 100 grogs with repeating crossbows that might have implications though? Outfitting all the magi in the covenant with them does not seem that big an issue to me: you can certainly make magic items for your sodales, though you must charge them if House Verditius?

Actually even a non-"autofire" one shot per round crossbow is pretty good! Still yeah your design and Saxonius improvements look good to me
cj x

Take a peek at HOH's Rusticani section: Societates for the one guy in canon who attempted it, equipping all of his grogs with magical goods - not a Verditius. slight smile: Unfortunately, I don't recall what was stated there, but the man's name was Tres. Assuming one magi per grog, I don't think anybody will be upset. But what if you have one magi and one hundred grogs with repeating crossbows? Equipping all of the covenant's magi with them does not appear to be a problem: you can definitely manufacture magical items for your sodales, albeit you must charge them if House Verditius?

remember me of one adventure we once pllayed - a covenant was lost, we found it and out, that all magi were killed by their own grogs - using a lot of magical weapons (and knowledge how to killl magi). and then the grogs started to hunt us ... after that we never gave our grogs mighty magical weapons ...

1 Like

It's bad business giving Grogs magical weapons without making sure they have high Loyalty, and proper magical defenses so it's harder to mind-control them.

No it isn't. Some of our greatest roleplaying came from a grog using a Verditius weapon to gun down Darius of Flambeau in a hail of crossbow bolts. We lost a few grogs that day, mostly from them running away in different directions before the order caught up with them.