Journey to Thessalonica (summer 1222)

Thanks.

When the cheesemaker shows up, I was going to discuss alternatives with her and the covenant. If we can produce enough milk from our sheep, I would suggest that I fund her and the covenant provide the milk, with a return on each investment. If she can not work with the milk we can provide, I would make introductions for her, with the expectation of funding her establishment once she had found a source for milk she can use.

The workshop will require 1 pound investment to build, and earns 10 pounds a year with her working it, so a loan will be in effect a pretty trivial transaction for yourself, she can use milk from the covenant for her cheese.

Perfect. Presumably, I should wait until the story moves along a bit before posting something in the odds and ends thread about Stavros asking the covenant to allow the cheesemaker to purchase the covenants milk.

PS: I will make sure to introduce the lady to my wife, and ask her opinion on the cheese. She can be a big help promoting it to other households.