Lab text question

I think what they were saying was intended to be along the lines of, "Limited Expiry doesn't let you enchant effects you couldn't otherwise put in an item, and without a lab Text you can't make a Lesser Enchanted Device unless you have at least double its Lab Total, meaning trying to use Limited Expiry to increase your Lab Total to the necessary amount would be invalid (as you couldn't have enchanted the effect otherwise)." As I read it, it wasn't an attempt to say that Lab Texts couldn't be used for Lesser Enchanted Devices, it was just a justification of why Limited Expiry couldn't be used with Lesser Enchanted Devices, and thus why a Lab Text for a lesser effect that had utilized Limited Expiry couldn't possibly exist. I may be wrong, but that's what I got from it.

Yes, that was the gist of the conversation around Effect Expiry and Lesser Enchanted Devices leading to the erratum on it. However, there is a difference now. With a lab total of 22 a character could make two different (same TeFo) level-10 Lesser Enchanted Devices in a single season if Effect Expiry were allowed since the character would qualify for being able to make them each individually in a single season. With the ruling that would not require a lab total of 40.

I thought that was fairly clear?