Labwork discussions

So that's a level 30 spell ? Fine I can live with that. I'm not sure it will be possible at creation though.

Huldra's thieves Version 2
MuTe(An,He) 30
This spell changes each arm, armor, weapon and piece of clothing that an individual is wearing into a magpie. Each magpie is flying away from their previous owner in a random direction for the duration of the round (6s). Casting requisites are necessary for the metal of the blades, the wood of the halt, the linen etc...
(base 5 +1 touch +0 mom +2 group +2 metal)

Like this ?

Your focus should apply, though, right? Ball-parking 10 for Int+MT+3, you only need 20 more. That's just Muto 10 with 5s in the Forms, for example. But I haven't checked how much you're doing Muto.

And in a closed room it's just a fun way to get ready to take a bath. :wink:

1 Like

We've got a source of income, just enlist fast running grogs and cast it on travelers.

Focus only applies once so with two requisite I'm stuck.

That would be just MuTe(An). Herbam is a casting requisite that is optional, as would be Co if the target was wearing human leather or bone.

No need to specify a casting requisite for metal items since the spell is already a Terram one.

I would change the wording slightly, to simplify and quantify it "Each magpie flies away from the wearer in a random direction, scattering his possessions in an area 20 paces in diameter."

Huldra's thieves Version 3
MuTe(An) 30
This spell changes each arm, armor, weapon and piece of clothing that an individual is wearing into a magpie. Each magpie flies away from the wearer in a random direction, scattering his possessions in an area 20 paces in diameter. Other requisites might be necessary to affect linen, human leather or bones.
(base 5 +1 touch +0 mom +2 group +2 metal)

Satisfactory ?

It seems fun, weak but fun.

Suggestion for the last sentence: "Casting requisites may be needed to affect items of other Forms (such as linen)."

You know there's something fishy about the wearer if only his leather clothing is unaffected by the spell. :smiling_imp:

I'm not completely satisfied with my spell selection so I'm looking at lab text for enchantements for your sharp eyes :

• Fan of spring breezes CrAu 9
    the effect is as Core rulebook p 125
    (base 1, +1 touch, +2 sun, +1 unnatural(works indoor),+1lvl 2uses per day, +3lvl environmental trigger)
    The Item could be a fan (+4 to create wind), the material giving bonuses are too expensive to we worth it.

This might be mandatory in a deep subterranean environnement, specially if we use fire.

• Actual Lamp without flame CrIg 20
    Same effet as Lamp without flame from core rulebook p 136
    (base 4, +1 touch, +1 concentration, +5 lvl item maintains concentration, +5 lvl 24 uses perday)
    The Item could be is a pine tree lamp (for a max bonus of +10 limited by magic theory)

I'm not sure the light above is necessary because we can make permanent fire with spell using ring/circle duration but some SG don't like It because It warps the lamp and they prefer something permanent.

• Warmth of the stone CrIg 23
    Keeps the covenant warm during winter by making the ground, walls, and ceiling confortably warm.
    (Base 2, +1 touch, 2 sun, +3 structure, +3lvls environnemental trigger)
    The item could be a brass (+3 ignem) hearth (+7 create heat) and the effect could be stopped by removing it from against the wall in Summer.

It seems like a good investment to drastically increase confort.

The last one won't be needed. As described to you, the caves in the regio are quite warm even in winter.

My character is missing combat capabilities, I'll probably learn the spell but I won't get a lot of penetration with It. Sling of Vilano is nice but without high finesse It's not very efficient.

Wand of Crystal dart
R: Voice, D: Momentary, T: Individual
Pen +50
Mu(Re)Te 40
A 10-inch crystal dart rises from the ground at your feet, floats into the air, and speeds off like an arrow at a target that is within Voice range. It does +10 damage, and always hits its target, although it must penetrate Magic Resistance to have any real effect.
(Base level 3, +2 Voice, +0 Momentary, +0 Individual , +1 Rego requisite +25 Lvl penetration +5 24 uses a day)

pen +50 is maybe averkill maybe 30 is enough so It would be lvl 30 and I could craft It as soon as we have virtus?

Probably small electrum wand for a +7 bonus ?