Let's make a comprehensive spell index

It seems to me that the virtue and flaw index is quite a nice thing to have.

Along the same lines I think that it would be nice if we collected an index of every spell and iem effect that’s been published for fifth edition to date.

But that looks like a bit more work than I'd be willing to do by my self.

Could we get a group of volunteers together to each look through one of the fifth edition books and list all of the spells/effects in an excel spreadsheet then send the spreadsheet to someone (me?) so that it could be compiled?

I think that we’d want the following fields in the following order

Name
Technique
Form
Level
Spell or Effect (marked with an S or E so that we can later expand this for other options if necessary, such as numerological rotes)
Ritual (marked with an x if the spell is a ritual)
Special Parameters (faerie, sensory magic, holy, etc.)
Book
Page

Who’s willing to do a book?
Is there anything else that we need on our list?

Count me in!

Requisite(s) maybe.

Good Catch

Name
Technique
Technique requisites
Form
Form requisites
Level
Spell or Effect (marked with an S or E so that we can later expand this for other options if necessary, such as numerological rotes)
Ritual (marked with an x if the spell is a ritual)
Special Parameters (faerie, sensory magic, holy, etc.)
Book
Page

Lets do all of the arts as two letter abbreviations. They'll fit on a page better that way.

Furion, what book do you want to do?

Books

Semita Errebunda
Book of Mundane Beasts (I don't think that there are any in this but someone might check)
Gaurdians of the Forrest
True Lineages
Covenants
Mystery Cults
Mysteries Revised
Broken Covenant of Calebais
ROP: Divine
ROP: Infernal
and probably City and Guild by the time we get a first draft done.

Are there any other sources that I forgot?

Has the core book been covered already?

So THATS the power of a Grand Master!

I'm impressed.

Can I submit resodding my yard to next years agenda? :wink:

Did you just volunteer? :laughing:

That would be a lot of work. There is an index in the core book. I'd hope that it is stored as some sort of copy/pasteable file someplace. Perhaps John/David/Michelle/Jeff/whoever could be talked out of it if we get the rest of the index together. If not, someone could scan pages 228 and 229 and run an OCR program to get a text document out of it. We'd want to go through the list and add requisites in any case.

No, you're still 13 posts shy. :smiley:

Would you consider listing all of the spells and effects from Guardians of the Forrest as an alternative to new grass?

Thy bid is my command, Grandmaster! No honestly, I can do any (though not all :smiley: ) couple of books. So what ever suit the other volunteers' preferences.

No, it would seem that their power is knowning the secret incantations of the Ancient Gods. Did I say gods? Actually they must surely be the forebearers of the gods - Titans - Atlas being a dead give away!

I was about to say Fallen Fane and Black Monks of Glastonbury, but then I realised the Fane has no spells and that the Black Monks seems more 4th then 5th ed, though I am not completely sure. Yet again nothing to put on the honored Grand Master sodalis' work.

May I suggest that we add the level calculations at once - or is that what is meant by the numerological rotes? And that one of us makes a form and mails it to the rest? It would make it much easier when they different attributions are to be gathered. We could use the formular used in the excell character sheet? At least I will in any instance expect to translate them to that because that is what I use for book keeping my saga.

No. Behold the TRUE power of a Grand Master:

I'm done, though I'll leave the double-checking to you. I assume the Yahoo email address you've been using on the Berklist is good.

I think that would be pushing it a bit regarding fair use. By numerological rotes, he meant the Mystery.

Well - that only goes to show I havent read through TMRE... yet :blush:

Great project. :slight_smile:

I'd be willing to do a book, perhaps True Lineages? Plus say Book of Mundane Beasts (as that's not adding any work...). If there are no objections, I'll have an excel sheet made for that within 24h. (Having someone make a single sheet we all use can be a good idea ideed.)
I'm afraid I don't have time for a spell-intensive book (like, say, the core book).

What about adding a Notes section (for listing potent magic casting tools, for example)? And I suggest we should list the different Special Parameters in alphabetical order, and the books according to their acronyms without the "series" part:

Semita Errabunda (SE)
Book of Mundane Beasts (BoMB)
Gaurdians of the Forest (GotF)
True Lineages (TL)
Covenants (C)
Mystery Cults (MC)
Mysteries Revised (TMRE)
Broken Covenant of Calebais (BCoC)
ROP: Divine (TD)
ROP: Infernal (TI)
City and Guild (C&G)
ArM5

Of course, the database may also include fan creations, like
The Net Wizard's Grimoire (NG)
Sanctum Hermeticum Revisited (SH)

I don't think it would be good to list the spell's consturction. Let's leave that to the book, not the index.

Edit: Furion overtook me, so I replaced GotF with TL.

I did? What, where, how? :slight_smile:

You don't have to. As I said in my previous post, I've already finished it and emailed Erik the data.

Oh! I failed my reading comprehension check. I thought you did GotF. :blush:

Hi,

I have done an excel spreadsheet of this for the spells (no effects I'm afraid). Its ~98kB and contains:

Spell name
Technique
Form
Requisites
Level
Type (Ritual or not)
Book
Page

It has all the spells in the books up to RoP:I (although I forgot Semita Errabunda). It may need a check over, but it would at least provide a start. I would post it to the list but I don't know how - any suggestions?

Tiz

The ability to be a cheerleader for group projects pales before the ability to accomplish Herculean tasks in the blink of an eye. Clearly I should have used the inititation script that you did for Grandmastery.

I was talking about the Mystery. It seems to me that at some point down the line some additional type of magical power that hermetics can use might be introduced. I don't want to have to update all of the old spells/effects when it is. I was just thinking of a cell with a single space containing an S or E.

I agree, that the level calculations are stretching it. My proposed list above doesn't even have range, duration, and target.

All of the excitement and it seems that most of the work is already done.

I don't think that we can post attachemnts to the list. I'll PM you with my email address. Could you send the list to me?

Fruny has already done the core book (and it looks fantastic). I opened it and made a few changes to the sheet. I'll send the sheet to you. (as soon as I can find your e-mail address)

Edit: Or you could just pull the column headings off of post #3 in this thread. (SInce I don't believe that I have your email)

Its done!