Looking Into the Future (2056)

It is the year 2088. Arcanotech is more common and has changed the population. Access to the Netherworld has been closed for nearly 20 years. Bonegal and Boatman are old men, with less control over their organizations. The end is near.

I've been thinking lately about what might happen later in the 2056 juncture. Surely the Architect leaders would start to lose their grip as they get too far past their prime. Who would pick up the reigns?

Closing the N'world portals creates an interesting dynamic. It creates dis-timed Bobos and Abomos, and lets the current players make a dent into the timeline.

The Jammers have mostly been locked out of the juncture, and are now hitting back hard after Blowing Things Up in other junctures. With only a few resistance cells fighting with old allies to keep the Bobos on their toes every '88 Ape has more value.

Then there's the business of the Seed. By making Arcanotech more common, you'll have 2nd generation Abomos or Mutants. Possibly creating a new faction to rebel against the regime, and creating a second front to be battled.

Just a few thoughts to chew on. Mostly I'm wondering what other GMs have come up with for the passing of time in '56. Tell me what you think of my ideas, and what you'd do too.

Cheers,
Neil.

[color=darkblue]OK, haven't actually had the chance to do this yet, but my idea is sort of a Terminator/ Silent Hill/ Resident Evil/ Doom/ Mad Max/ Deadlands kinda' world.

The way I see it, when Boatman & Bonegal die, the covert anti-Buro agents rise up from amongst the ranks of the erstwhile dictators' government (sort of a Purists movement, if you follow the Shadowfist card game). Some of these dissidents allow Jammers and Dragons and Ascended into the juncture to try to alter the totalitarian regime's flow of chi, and slightly alter the world of the 2090's for the better.

Of course, these alterations do not stay controlled, and as greater numbers of opposing factions flood the juncture, the loyal party-line Buro agents turn the entire juncture into a war zone to hold/ retake feng shui sites falling to the "invaders." After a year or two of an escalating Un-Secret War, someone unleashes what amounts to the New Holocaust; basically wiping out most civilization as we know it in a combination of demonic/ arcano/ magic/ nuclear firepower.

With the world's chi in upheaval, natural disasters pound the earth for a decade or two. When all's said and done, the juncture of 3020 is a desolate, dangerous wilderness of destroyed cities and wasteland.

All surviving human societies live underground in high-tech but decaying subterranean colonies, or in remote areas of the globe in small self-sufficient, low-tech tribes. Wandering the ruins of the cities and countryside are rogue Abominations and Buro war robots, ghosts, zombies, and uncontrolled Underworld beasties long ago summoned and forgotten. The weather can flood, freeze, or fry a man depending on the whims of the turbulent chi as it washes across the continents.

The earth can be tamed again, if enough feng shui sites are rediscovered and cared for. The chi can be settled and manipulated, and the dangerous creatures stalking the old human homes and towns can be destroyed if brave explorers are up for the task.

Nobody is in control of the 3020 Juncture. Which faction will be the first to inherit the power left by the fall of the Buro?...

This seems like a great idea. I took it and ran with it. Here's the "box cover" for my next game. All "credits" are fictional, particularly actors names, we throw them in just for fun.

"Tomorrow's Messiah" - A New Feature from Crash! Productions

"New Avalon 2088. Boatman and Bonnangel are dead and the CDCA's hold
on mankind is crumbling. Access to the Netherworld is closed and the
always unpredictable jammers are stuck in sealed Junctures. The Ascended seean opportunity they have been denied for nearly a century but the Buro
and its second generation of horrors will not go quietly.

The world can be reclaimed.

The time is now.

Are you brave enough to Save the Future?"

From the team that brought you "Kung Fu Crossing Guards" and "Fully
Automatic Justice" comes a science fiction epic that goes farther
Into the future than ever before! With all new special effects and
Technology that will boggle the mind, and featuring Crash! Production's usual assortment of ridiculously famous stars and eclectic assortment of cult-favorite supporting cast "Tomorrow's Messiah Promises to be a
non-stop thrill ride so fast it doesn't even need wheels!

Coming Next Month!

CRASH! PRODUTIONS PRESENTS, A NEW AVALON FILMS PRODUCTION: AN ALL-STAR CAST IN “TOMORROW’S MESSIAH” WITH TONY TODD, LEN WISEMAN AND NATASHA HENSTRIDGE A FILM BY PAUL TAYLOR PRODUCED BY RANDOM WEEKEND GAMERS EDITED BY DELL COMPUTERS MUSIC BY BLATANT LACK OF LICENSES WITH EFFECTS BY UNREALIZED DAYDREAMS EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS ALAN,BRYCE,GIB, JOSH,JIM, AND NELL DIRECTED BY PAUL TAYLOR