Mages and armor

That is awesome, please by all means continue having fun.
I can almost feel the covenants libraries swelling with useful spells.
I'm really liking the Elegant Man spell, maybe change that to Elegant Mage, I'd guess it would provide a bonus as one would get from finely tailored clothes.

Oh, on the subject of helms, here's an idea I have been wanting to realize.

The Angelic Helm

This helm is basically a metal bucket with good padding inside and many tiny holes punched in to the face plate, a metal circle large enough to include the entire helmet is fitted to the brow.

The circle maintains a set of spells.
The first is base 5 PeIm spell rendering the helm invisible and in substantial to all senses but touch. This removes penalties normally associated with full helms.
The second effect is a circle version of Chamber of Spring Breezes.
The effect resolves into the wearer appearing to be wearing a halo while rendering foul or harmful air impotent.

Hey I just used modern terminology for stuff that swordsmiths of the time must already knew, given how swords were made at the time. No differential equations were used on the making of that post, I swear.

Fact is that most one handed weapons weigh around 1.5kg while 2 handed weapon would weigh around 2.5 kg.

The human body : wrist, forearm and shoulder can't stop or move objects fast enough in a fight otherwise.

So in a fight the advantage goes to the guy with the fastest weapon and the longest reach there are a veritable slew of other factors to consider but these are the main ones.
While weight has a limit in weapons, the focus of that limited weight to a point or an edge is why swords and axes and stuff was invented. Magic can change all of this, but I'm speaking for a historic standpoint.

The unchafed man MuCo 15
Base 5 +2 Sun +0 Per +0 ind

The target's skin become tough enough to be immune to all chafing effects. While many think the person who originated this spell, was trying to get his grogs onside by making wearing armour irritation free, he was just annoyed at getting blisters every time he got new shoes. Soak +1

2 Likes

True. My brain went to ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed man", however that name would only work in a modern setting, thus the slight shift in name, however, for spell names, in nearly all cases Mage is better, and I should have shifted.

The Elegant Mage
MuIm 10
R: Touch, D: Sun, T: Ind
Anyone looking at the target see someone wearing the most splendid version of what they are wearing, being armor or clothes, and even a sackcloth, will look tailored to fit.
The character gets a +3 on rolls to influence, barter with and charm others based on his finery.
(Base 3, +1 Touch, +2 Sun)
(Credit, Sodales Fishy)

1 Like

Not personally a fan of circle spells worn as a circlet, frankly.

The look and feel, or applying magic to the head?
The spell target is the helm, and some air. I was going to make just a halo as an enchanted device... but the examples for levitations are iffy and you can outrun it. Unless you put allot of effort into it, and then it's not cost effective.

Also I don't want to be stabbed/shot or monstered in the face.

In my mind, if you're applying target Circle / duration Ring on things like circlets, rings, necklaces and bracelets, you're missing the point of what target circle is, and trying to achieve a permanent effect without respecting the requirements of Circle/Ring magic. This should be an enchanted item with parameters affecting Touch, and a standard duration spell and parameters with number of uses per day, etc.. If this is how you did it, and you merely wrote circle in a descriptive matter rather than to descripe the parameter used, then ignore this feedback, but my understanding was you were using a circle spell built as part of a helm. This is problematic on several levels including the following:

• Circle spells affect what's inside the target, and so couldn't affect the actual helmet which is fitted on the outside of that circle;
  • If you tried that to affect the wearer, the wearer is never really fully inside the circle spell and couldn't be affected, nor was the wearer inside the circle at the same the circle spell was cast;
  • A circle target is an invalid target for Creo Elements spells like Chamber of Spring Breezes.
1 Like

Thanks for checking for clarity, yes this was/is a description of a helm with
A circle/ring on the outside of the helm, the best representation I can manage would be in the link below.

I don't plan on it effecting the wearer.
Also you are correct about the CrAu spell, a MuAu spell effect would work instead.
This will leave the circle floating above the head without touching.
The circle/ring has all the drawbacks of any circle/ring spell, that includes warping and those effects would provide plenty and I can see our ST doing a count down before we have a quirky or downright dangerous item lying around... waiting to eat faces or shave off your eyebrows or something.

To avoid warping and things of that kind, yes enchantment would be a better solution.
Personally I think the enchantment process takes agonizingly long and half the time the item doesn't even see use and I almost always play house Verditius so I use circles where I can and spend seasons enchanting my house to fly or something.