Major Immunity: Magic?

Yup, pretty much. Somewhat tweaked, though. It is an investigation adventure.

To put you in context, the adventure is generated by the 4th edition triamore supplement. The idea is that this is happening in the court of the duke of Bravant, that is swinging between "the covenant can have his castle with no problem" to "let's burn the witches at the stake tomorrow morning because I need the castle to turn the nearby dukedoms into ashes". Nothing new here, but the mood swings seem to be dramatic sometimes. This is what affects the covenant directly, but other decisions seem to be extreme as well.

The court will be working as usual, but it will look like there is some kind of low level schizophrenia at work due to the decisions that sometimes are put in decrees and how the officials and nobles act when they interact with foreigners. Discovering what is going on will require the magi to use magic in a highly anti-magic environment, so they will need to be discrete. This guy is a servant, so he will be observing them and being immune to the direct effects of magic himself will be well aware of what has been going on. So he is their primary information source besides the "I detect that there has been quite a bit of magic going on here" that they will be able to detect.

Him being turned into a dead body is a possibility. Maybe I should make a family of them be servants in the court just in case they decide to use steel before words. But then, killing one of their kin is unlikely to endear them to the magi anyway.

Xavi

Hello!

Make the magic resisting effect similar to the Cacophonic Armor from Tales of Mythic Europe page 108:

Adjust the spell levels protected from and add your flavour text.

Regards,
adumbratus

Hi!

So, this will end any form of long term magic but will make a POF still able to turn him into ashes. It is not what I had in mind, but could work as well if PeMe spells were not momentary duration ones. I might just make him immune to mentem effects and so be it. Immunity to fire and steel is common enough in the examples in the book (never seen those IMS, but that is not very relevant), so immunity to mentem should work as well. We will see how they interact with the bugger. Thanks for all suggestions :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Xavi

Hello,

what im going to tell is something i introduced IMS and it was a bit simillar.

There was a "maga" that come to our covenant as Lavaeolos the Great Wizard.

He told wonderfull histories and tales that where great but when you ask him to do something was not in mood or some excuse.

In fact i and the ST Arranged a grog that had Latent magic hability (~a kind of magic mirror~)
latent because he wasnt aware XD so a spell InMe would produce a nice headhache for the rest of the day... And a perdo corpus will make you feell undisposed for a while... Get the fun? One of the tales was he rescued a phoenix (magicalanimal companion) (yes a grog with a companion, any problem?) from a dark faerie lord .
L- release the Phoenix and you will be unharmed
Dfl- (wtf?) die... Floushf!
Not much news of the dark faerie lord since then.

For sure lavaeolos totally convinced he was a mage with powers, rigths et al.

Hope it helps you.

I encourage to any ST to ask me about that grog to pop him on saga. Laughs assured

Hello,

what im going to tell is something i introduced IMS and it was a bit simillar.

There was a "maga" that come to our covenant as Lavaeolos the Great Wizard.

He told wonderfull histories and tales that where great but when you ask him to do something was not in mood or some excuse.

In fact i and the ST Arranged a grog that had Latent magic hability (~a kind of magic mirror~)
latent because he wasnt aware XD so a spell InMe would produce a nice headhache for the rest of the day... And a perdo corpus will make you feell undisposed for a while... Get the fun? One of the tales was he rescued a phoenix (magicalanimal companion) (yes a grog with a companion, any problem?) from a dark faerie lord .
L- release the Phoenix and you will be unharmed
Dfl- (wtf?) die... Floushf!
Not much news of the dark faerie lord since then.

For sure lavaeolos totally convinced he was a mage with powers, rigths et al.

Hope it helps you.

I encourage to any ST to ask me about that grog to pop him on saga. Laughs assured

Bona nit.

I see what you did there.

And too many of my players know those books :wink:

Would have thought a "magus" though.

Well the name (trivia asociated) and the maga have nothing in comon. Just was the beta name that i wrote. Now its a great Npc /grog sheet. none in saga knows the truth ;D very funny to see the pc Puzzeld.

Anyway there is a curse you can use, "Unrigthfull's exile" we name it. You have the bless/curse from a major being that grants you a magic resistance equal to his migth (faerie generally) leaving a magic being... Well.. Screwed. It would be "great" for a coomoner to have MR 60/70 but... If you are a troll or a faerie or even a demon exiled? And you have to deal without power? (needing to trespass a MR with migth 15) hope it serves to you

It can last lifetime or be ever hereditarie

I am an avid reader of Terry Goodkind, author of the Sword of Truth or more commonly known for the televised adaptation, Legend of the Seeker! In the series there is a girl named Jensen who is Pristinely Ungifted(funny that in Ars people who have magical talents are considered Gifted.) In short, she was completely unaffected by magic. I definitely think this is a cool idea as it proposes some challenges and unique storytelling opportunities!