Malta, the long run

In the Malta saga I was previously in we were definitely going to use the Theban and Roman Tribunals antagonistically to try keep either Tribunal from swallowing us until we could try to push for a new, African Tribunal at the next Grand Tribunal (or the one after that). We did not actually get to the point where we used that tactic. Also important to note, half of our covenant were Magi from Thebes and half from Rome.

Problem with Thebes is we have no prospective patron spirit. Not sure what the rules are for Iberia; they're more relevant as far as expanding to Africa goes.

But all this is to my point, it sounds like the Guernicus should vote for us, so if we can bribe the Bonisagus we're good. A much simpler path. :smiley:

Threatening to join other tribunals gets complicated and creates drama/enemies. Our politician left.

I like drama :slight_smile:

It is just majority of citizens: For a covenant to be recognized requires either the vote of a majority of citizens or a 2/3 majority of the triumvirate, in addition to paying the fees of membership.

The main benefit in going for the triumverate, is that one can do that prior to the tribunal and be reasonable confident one has succeeded. We won't know the outcome of a tribunal vote until the vote, I think.

Well, I'm waiting for Pisa. But once that's done Archimedes will try to complete one of those integrations and see if this Bonisagus can be bought.

Because George heard of the recruiting for armsman of this new group of Scholar in Malta he plan to visit them in spring 1200. As a scholar him self he is curious if this group in Malta have some joint interests with him, especial expeditions that might turn up historical religious documents.
If a other player want to play this visit out we can ask silveroak for a thread but I think we should wait for Pisa to be finished for this.

book arrivals have been published to the seasonal usage chart

We do not have write access to the seasonal spreadsheet. FYI

that should fix that issue.

@silveroak I think it may have gotten buried, but Archimedes wanted to look into purchasing the temple site next door. He would ask Juliana to look into it, as an agent of a wealthy merchant (since she can't own property); or one of the other non-gifted people who come and go (with same cover story). Intent is to get ownership resolved before 1200, if possible.

Following the death of Constance the court is in turmoil, and really not inclined to make rulings on the specific boundaries of ownership of land in Malta, and the only people currently using the land in any way are goatherds who move their herds across the land periodically.

I didn't realize Constance was dead. That creates a fundamental problem for us... that we can't do anything about without getting Marched... I guess we just have to cross our fingers that our Virgilian friend can handle his business.

Taliha has a side thing she would like to do and I figure mentioning it now when I am thinking about it might be better than hoping to remember to bring it up when the Gozo adventure is over:

She would have sent letters to a variety of folks within the House asking if they had ever heard of an anima inner heartbeast made of sand or some sort of ancestor spirit that might be relevant for desert heartbeasts. Definitely her Sept in Venice, definitely one addressed to the Primus and Crintera and maybe someone in Southern Spain or the Levant if she has reason to have met anyone such as at the Gathering of Twelve Years? Since there are deserts in both those places.

You get a positive response from your friend in the Levant, who has heard rumors of sand beasts that she has reason to believe are inner heartbeasts. She will speak to you about it more at he gathering.

@silveroak What, if anything, do we know about what the death of Constance will do to affect the charter and the covenant's ability to exist (in terms of the Tribunal recognizing a charter from a dead sovereign?)

The Tribunal will be less concerned about the charter than your own vote within the tribunal. The validity of the charter at this point is only a shield to prevent mundanes from deciding you don't belong. Certainly her death removes the concerns about mundane interference on your side.

I was thinking about claims to vis being linked to mundane ownership - is it still a valid document for that purpose?

Until someone has a better one, yes. Though until you are acknowledged someone could argue that you are outside the tribunal...

Is there a big issue that votes on either side of are particularly important? Or just about disturbing the status quo?

The biggest issue is a motion to revoke Luctatio's recognition as a covenant.