Materials/data for creating helper app for my group?

How much faster/easier do you envision it?
You'll still need each of those steps, but I'd love to have a look at something like that

It also needs to be faster and betetr than my very analogue version aka a printed list of guidelines.

Something like an inferface with buttons for all 15 arts, push two and select from a pop up list of guidelines. and then dial up R/D/T.

So....
Left Side
5 buttons for techniques, next line 10 for forms

Under that, a textblock listing guidelines for that combination, allowing you to select one.

Right side:
some sort of selectors (buttons again?) for each of R/D/T
Possibly something to allow you to add arbitrary magnitudes for difficulty/larger targets

Bottom: Level output

something like that?

That'd be good. Alternatively, something that can read MetaCreator files and just list out guidelines you can reasonably achieve at various R/D/T settings would be awesome.

...that's kinda the other way around - starting with what you can achieve, and then calculating what guideline it is.

hmmmm, no need to be bored for a few evenings then :slight_smile:

Drop down lists for R/D/T settings.
Plug in values for the Arts.
Check-box for fatigue
Spot for the aura
Spot for adding an undefined bonus like Confidence, or something else
Spot for accounting for increased magnitude due to size, or type of material, or something...

No, it's not at all backwards, in play, I know many things about the situation even before the guidelines become relevant. Showing me all the guidelines that are possible based on my Arts alone isn't all that useful, it's what the paper lists do. But, in a "combat" situation, I know R/D/T details, or at least have a really good idea of them. I know the range, and have some sense of the target, it's that thing/person/monster over there. I also know how long I want to affect it, or at least have a good idea. I also know if there is one, more than one, or if they are in a Room, too. I'm really only interested things that I can do at range to the targets available.

It could also be a 5x10 grid with a button for each of the TeFo combos

And yes, something for adding magnitudes for Reqs, moving targets,et multiple cetera.

Oh, and how to do with the added kagnitudes for Terram guidelines for affecting more difficult materials than dirt?

I make this error all the time, too. One doesn't need to add a magnitude to affect stone/metal/noble metals/gems. The total volume (size) is what needs to be adjusted based on the material.

I phrased that poorly.
I didn't mean "backwards" as in wrong or anything negative.
I meant "backwards" as in "going the opposite way of what was described above", where one would start with the guideline and then find the level, while you suggested starting with the level and figuring out what guideline one could use with it - both being excellent approaches.

You do need to add magnitudes for Muto, Rego and Perdo effects. Creo has a higher base instead. It is only really Intellego which isn't affected.

Indeed you're right, missed that in the inserts.
So... +2 for stone, does that mean it then becomes the standard size based on dirt?

Hi,
Unfortunately it doesn't. It takes the extra magnitudes to affect rock, but you can only affect the standard size of rock. You would generally need another magnitude for size to affect the same amount as dirt.

I find this inconsistency...maddening. I'd be fine if it just does one or the other, but not both, depending on the form used. If it only requires 1 magnitude increase to Muto/Rego/Perdo stone, it should only require a 1 magnitude increase to create stone. The base for creating stone is Base 3, and should be Base 2, by that same reasoning... Anyway, I'll just go and grumble...