Meeting the Vavel Dragon

[color=blue]I an not sure about Exadaur, but I presume in a day or two. I hear he has numerous mundane soldiers so that could slow him down.
Then you hear commotion outside.
[color=blue]Or maybe not...
General Exadaur of Tremere has arrived with his forces aboard a flying ship.

Vibria takes a moment to ooh and aah at the flying boat as it pulls in, then starts barking orders at her men. [color=red]"Everybody fall in! Those who are going with me to Coeris, behind me to my right! Everyone else who is joining with General Exadaur, to my left!"

She then takes her place at the head of the formation, standing at attention, head and shoulders back, chest (way) out, and waits eagerly for the general to disembark.

Exadaur has arrived with five other magi and two dozen soldiers. Alltogether, your combined forces (including you) consist of 15 magi and 45 soldiers. Exadaur plans to use this fortress as a staging area to recapture Scholomance from the Stormriders. But he feels he need more numbers.
Vibria is to take a third of this forces to Coeris for her yet to be revealed secret mission. Four other magi and fifteen soldiers. Exadaur will let you use his magic ship and lends you his captain, with the hopes that the ship will pick up reinforcements when they drop you off.

Vibria will select the magi on the basis of which ones she knows and which ones she feels would be a good mesh in combat. Since PB doesn't know enough about them to make an educated decision, I will roll thusly:

The soldiers, she will pick the ones that came with her from Scholamance and fill out the rest with a Soldier roll of Int 1 + Soldier 1 + die roll of 0 (botch check comes up a 3) = 2.

So, basically, she chose Ares, Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg, then looked at the grogs and pointed at a bunch at random, saying "Oh, and you too."

LoL
:laughing:
You pick the best of the best with your discerning eye.
Any parting words before you head off?

To the grogs who stay behind: [color=red]"Gentlemen...and lady. It's been a pleasure serving with you. If the grogs I work with in the future show even half of the skill and honour and bravery that you all have, I can rest easily knowing that my fate is in good hands. Thank you all."

To the magi staying behind, a quick hug and a [color=red]"Thank you and good luck."

Once they're skyward on the flying ship, she will stay close to Jaksic, keeping a worried eye on him. [color=red]"Are you going to be okay?" she asks, remembering how well he handled flying on Sigmundo. If he looks like he's not feeling well, she will ask if he wants to lie down for a bit and take him below decks where he can find a hammock or something, and she will sit up with him talking for a while.

Jaksic is okay. There is a vast difference between riding a stable vessel and clining to the back of a dragon without harness. Though he does avoid looking over the railing :smiley:
We are at the end of this Act. Replenish Confidence, gain 15xp, and 4 points of Fortune. I will start a thread for Part II tonight.

Let's see...what could she have done this journey to justify putting points into?

• Magic Lore: 3xp, from the discussions she had with Sigmundo about dragons, their customs, heritage, laws, etc.
  • Etiquette: 3xp (to raise the score to 1), from doing courtly grace stuff in Krakow.
  • Finesse: 1 xp (raising score to 2), from practicing pin-point with her spells (e.g. the puke clean-up spell).
  • Folk Ken: 4 xp (raising score to 1), from dealing with people and not incinerating them.
  • Leadership: 4xp, from leading the soldiers and the magi, and getting everyone where there were going (mostly) intact.

Sound good?

Fantastic :slight_smile: