Meta Creator Issues?

Ok, so I'm not sure where to put this question, and I cannot find an answer by searching.

I am creating a magus in MC, and I've got him done through Apprenticeship. I want to advance him 1 season and grant him 10 flat XP for doing so, but I am having a hard time with both finding the appropriate advancement option AND spending the XP. Let me explain.

I go Data -> Advance, and the only option I see to add flat XP is to select Add Story Experience. Which I do (10), and that shows up in the appropriate place under the character. I then have to select Data -> Advance -> Generic Activity so I can advance by 1 Season to keep things honest. So the season changes from Summer to Autumn, and I'm showing 10 XP under Story Exp., both of which I expect.

But here's where I run into problems. I want to increase Finesse from 1 to 2, which I know takes 10 XP. So in the Abilities, I select Finesse and get the pop-up with its details. I double-click on Experience and enter the 10 XP in the box that pops up, I click OK...and it doesn't update the value. It updates the total experience to show 15, but the rating of the ability stays at 1. I can manually alter the rating to 2, but then that changes to total experience as well, which means I have to remove the XP I added. And in addition to this, the Story Exp. value doesn't change.

What am I missing here? I can go through Lab Refinement, Enchant Devices, Study Lab Texts, Invent Spells...but for some reason MC isn't spending XP appropriately. Can someone please help me understand what I am doing wrong? The character is finalized, so I'm not even sure if that's part of the problem or not.

That's... odd. I use Metacreator a lot, and that's not what I'm used to seeing.
However, since you want to spend all of the XPs in a single season, you could just use eg. Practice and type in the 10 XPs.
If that doesn't work, something is probably fairly wrong somewhere.

Try the following in Metacreator with the character already opened:
(1) Go Data->Advance->Story Experience, click and add 10 exp in the window opening for that.
(2) Then you click Finesse once in the Abilities Window. It should appear marked afterwards, but no window should open.
(3) Finally, you go Data->Advance->Experience, click and add the 10 exp to Finesse in the window opening there.
(4) Only if you wish to advance in seasons afterwards, you go Data->Advance->Generic Activity..., click, and in the window opening there choose the number of seasons and write a comment of what your character did.

I hope this works. It does for me. Before (4) you can repeat (2) and (3) for other Abilities while you still have exp left.

Cheers

One Shot, that worked PERFECTLY. This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!

There is a shortcut to spending Story Exp.

Once you have added the exp, click once on the ability, press Shift-Ctrl-x. The you get the pop-up window allowing you to plot in the amount to spend.
Just don't pres Ctrl-x by accident, that one is still 'cut' !