Metacreator: Anyone use it?

I'm in a similar mode to you Erik. We certanly use computers, and have a neat wiki page(It's mostly in norwegian however) to "front" our saga, but computers at the gaming table... naaaah.
YR7, don't you know that computers at the gaming table brings bad luck? They give of bad mojo radiation or something, makes the dice roll bad and it's generaly temting fate. :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I don't use computers at the gaming table. I use them off the table, in character generation and seasonal-management.
The blesphamy comes in not managing the various seasons through a spreadsheet or something. I like ArM, but without some computer assistance it'd be such a mess for me I'll doubtless make much more mistakes, and it'll be more of a hassle.

Oh Boy.
Yes we do,and yes we did.
But IIRC it was used also very heavily by the Guys that did the Covenant Project :smiley: (at least for Character Continuity).

Hey Eric,

I run OS X and VirtualPC to run Metacreator. It's slow as all get-out but Metacreator is not really a program to make speed an issue.

And like David said, when we upgrade our Macs we'll apparently have the option to dual-boot to Windows.

Best,
Patrick

Hey mad irishman!

I do wish that the Metacreator sheet was able to put the translated versions of the forms and techniques on the magic next to the latin phrases like yours has.

V

Agreed. Although there is much to admire about Metacreator's character sheets. They're by far the best I've ever seen for computer-generated ones, and I may steal an idea or two for my next version of my ArM sheet...

Cheers,
Patrick

Metacreator is awesome!
I have been using it for the entire 2 1/2 years our saga has been going(minus 2 weeks when we first started playing). I was a noob to AM and Metacreator relly helped a lot.

I like how it keeps track of experience, lab work, Twilight... it is awesome. I make characters so much faster with it and they look great when you are done!

Also, I've a question!

I bought MC and the Ars5 supplements for it.
I put them on my desktop PC, and the figured it would be smart to put them on my laptop so that I might take it to games for advancing characters and so forth.

Though the MC program was installed fine, I'm not sure how to get Guardians of the Forest or True Lineages onto the laptop. I'm not seeing one easy file or archive to extract...

Vrylakos