Minimum level for aegis of the hearth?

Casting tablets somewhat allow someone to include additional penetration by adding to the casting total. Hermetic spells and ritual also have the options of using vis, arcane and sympathetic connections.

Generally speaking, rituals will see much higher penetration totals then their magical objects cousins.

W

Oh and wards & agides need to penetrate

Because I was clearly deeply retarded?
Or plausibly because I wasn't awake when I posted? (I hope so, that'll pass).

My apologies.

Ok, so you’re saying that :

1. This book is of lesser value for rules, because it contains adventures which, for fun’s sake, may not be read by the whole troupe if they don’t want to spoil the surprise. And the one player who reads the adventure can’t say the troupe “Hey, it’s been clarified in that book! Trust me, if you don’t want to read it now, you can do it later”. Any rule or clarification must be read by the whole troupe, and it must be read now, so the additonnal virtues in this book can't be used, either, and maybe aren't raw? You're also assuming that the line editor and authors agree with you, and would never do that.

2.1) Saying “sufficient Level AND penetration” has no precise meaning whatsoever and may be understood however one choose, including, say “The penetration must be greater that the might, while the level must be only half of it”. Still, I've asked you twice to rewrite this sentence, just keeping "level AND penetration", so that it supports your view. Either you missed it, or that sentence mustn't be that unclear.

2.2) If the aegis doesn’t need to penetrate, they nonetheless chose to write this instead of the short and clear “"If the Aegis is of sufficient Level, the covenant may end up fighting the waimee's offsprings". This clearly makes sense, on all accounts: They wasted words, and confused players.

Tell you what? We will have to disagree on all these points :wink: