Mission: Improbable

Vulc's face hardens. "I loved her from the moment I laid eyes on her. Any man would. My friends told me not to hire her, that my attraction for her was clouding my judgement, but she genuinely was the best person for the job. She is a really good venditor, you know." He frowns, and his eyes glitter like ice. "We both have hot tempers, and when we fought, we both said nasty, hurtful things to each other. And we fought a lot. But for the most part, things were good. She is the most amazing woman I've ever known... she's smart, funny, stunningly beautiful, an astonishingly skilled lover..." He gets a distant look in his eyes. "But she was not loyal. One day she told me she was going to work for someone else. I thought, maybe it was for the best, maybe she was doing so because she was trying to help us both keep our professional lives... well, professional. But then I found out she was going to work for him." Vulc spits in disgust. "I asked her if it was true, and she confirmed it readily. Didn't even have the grace to be ashamed of valuing his wealth over our love, that greedy, treacherous bitch."

He stands abruptly. "I need to be alone."

Vibria nods. [color=red]"I understand.," she says, her eyes glistening. [color=red]"I happened to see her son, briefly. He's a beautiful baby. Has hair like spun gold," she continues with a catch in her voice as she looks him in the eyes. [color=red]"and the most incredible blue eyes, just like his father."

She swallows. [color=red]"I'll leave you alone. I'll be around if you want to talk about..." She turns and practically flies from the room, dashing back to her own chambers where she throws herself on her bed and soaks her pillow with her tears.

Vulc scowls at the thought of Caduceus' icy blue eyes, wonders whether Vibria thought that wimpy little pissant is good-looking, decides it is beneath him to care what anyone else thinks of a man with lady-hands, and scowls some more. All those things playing very plainly across his face :slight_smile:

My God, Vibria thinks, the bitch was right! You truly are clueless!

Vibria turns to leave, but stops at the door and looks back at Vulcanus as she starts to cry. She opens her mouth to say something, but changes her mind, throws open the door and runs.