Muto spells for review

The first spell seems pretty straight-forward. But which side-effects does changing a person have?

Kiss the frog (MuMe 30)
Makes the target fall in love with a person.
(B4, +2 Voice, +3 moon)

Curse of Ugliness (MuCo20)
Turns the victim into a totally different looking person. For balance's sake, I assume that the changes do not affect any characteristics but presence, which can be increased by to maximum of +1, and decreased to a minimum of -3. There may be trouble with clothes/armor that doesn't fit anymore.
(B3, +2 Voice, +2 Sun, +1 fancy effect: caster gets to chose result)

Curse of the little man (MuCo10)
Shrinks somebody by two sizes. Clothes/armor will hinder anybody dressed. Multiple castinng does not stack. [color=red]Does it affect any stats?
(B3, +2 Voice, +1 diameter)

Hmm, for balance's sake, I'd assume they wouldn't affect characteristics at all... No need to either, presence doesn't equal looks.
Anyway, Disguise of the new visage does nothing of the kind, and it's the same effect, apart from the 'fancy' if I remember correctly.

There's an animal spell in the core book to turn an animal into a smaller version which gives effects for stats. It might be Pe though

I think it is MuAn.

Smaller size means wounds on the wound table change (lot easier to kill someone small). I think it reduces strength as well.

A change in size affects Strength and Quickness. Ceteris paribus, smaller creatures are quicker and weaker; larger ones are slower and stronger. This guiding principle is reflected in the rules in several areas: HOH:MC animal rules, RoP: Magic creature creation rules, etc., Hedge Magic RE, Gruagachan spells inter alia.

All well balanced spells, IMO.

Kiss the frog: Creating an emotion is Creo, not Muto. Your muto spell would be usable only on a person that already have any emotion towards another person, to change it to love. But it can change utter hate into love...

"Shrinks somebody by two sizes.... Does it affect any stats?"
-2 Strenght, +1 Quickness for each Size lost, I think ? or is it only -1 Str and +1 Qik?

That's why I didn't quote it. I can't remember either, but I think it's -2 Str, +1 Qik.

V2.0

Kiss the frog (MuMe 30)
Changes somebody's emotions for someone into infatuation. Works best if the target is very emotional about his or her future lover (e.g. disgusted, enraged, or feels pity)
(B4, +2 Voice, +3 moon)

Curse of Ugliness (MuCo20)
Turns the victim into a totally different looking person. For balance's sake, I assume that the changes do not affect any characteristics but presence, which can be increased to a maximum of +1, and decreased to a minimum of -3. There may be trouble with clothes/armor that doesn't fit anymore.
(B3, +2 Voice, +2 Sun, +1 fancy effect: caster gets to chose result)

Curse of the little man (MuCo10)
Shrinks somebody by two sizes. Clothes/armor will hinder anybody dressed. Multiple castinng does not stack. Strength and Quickness are affected as described in Hoh:MC. This may also affect encumbrance. New wounds are calculated according to the new size guidelines (old wounds just shrink)
(B3, +2 Voice, +1 diameter)

Wouldn't that be 25 instead of 30?
Base 4
+1 Voice = 5
+1 Voice = 10
+3 Moon = 25

I would say that while Presence is not altered by the Curse of Ugliness, giving the target a penalty on rolls to influence people as per the Social Handicap flaw might be appropriate (up to -3).

Perhaps this might be increased or further modified if those interacting with the target had a Personality Trait that might apply to such interactions.

Shallow characters, for example might make it more difficult for the target to influence them, increasing the -3 Social Handicap by the value of the Shallow trait), while Wise or Empathetic/Nonjudgmental/etc characters might be able to look past the Social Handicap and use their positive Personality Trait to offset the magically created ugliness penalty.

No, but they can be related, especially on first impressions. Give someone the face of a toad (effectively if not literally), and suitors ain't gonna be linin' up.

This would definitely have an affect on Blessing/Curse of Venus, and possibly other V/F's.

It’s mostly semantics, but I think it’s worth noting that spells almost never actually change characteristics unless they are rituals or change the physical Size of a target. To that end, I would just say this spells gives a +X bonus (or penalty) to certain kinds of rolls as described in the spell. First impressions, being charming, witty, graceful, whatever. Casually letting spells change characteristics is not something I personally would allow. Presence also influences things like certamen, or using Leadership to attract attention or intimidate, that this spell would probably not interfere with.