Mythic Blood idea

I've been looking at Mythic blood and had an idea for a character descended from a powerful Frost Giant sorceror. The freebie Minor Magical focus would be cold while the magical ability I am thinking about some kind of ward vs cold, much like the Ward against heat and flames, but dealing with cold rather than heat.

Assuming the same guidelines (i.e. base 4) a personal ward might look like this.

Ward against bitter frost
ReIg20
Range: Per, Target: Ind, Duration: Sun
The target is protected from all sources of cold, remaining toasty warm no matter the weather. Such is the power of the ward that even powerful Perdo Ignem magic struggles to harm him giving him a +15 soak against any magic relying on cold to do damage.
(Base 4, +2 for up to +15 damage, +2 sun)

Now, a question, would a ward like this cause warping if used continuously? My instinct is yes, but its not hermetic magic which warps a person away from what they are, but a facet of the characters lineage, it IS what they are.

Secondly, would you allow a character to use the item enchantment rules to have a ward such as this permanent? For instance

Ward against bitter frost
ReIg19
Range: Per, Target: Ind, Duration: Sun
The target is protected from all sources of cold, remaining toasty warm no matter the weather. Such is the power of the ward that even powerful Perdo Ignem magic struggles to harm him giving him a +10 soak against any magic relying on cold to do damage.
(Base 4, +1 for up to +10 damage, +2 sun, +1 level for 2 uses a day, +3 environmental trigger - sun up/down)

Good point.
My instinct again says yes, but you do have a very valid point.

No.
And even if I did, I'd demand "no use of words or gestures", in which case you have far fewer levels to play with.
Ofcourse, your character would likely make activating it a habit, much like raising parma, which I don't believe most groups ask you to mention doing.

It being constant, is exactly the same as a major immunity to cold, just worse since he can still be affected by that cold (minor immunity?). I can buy that NOT warping him since it is appropriate. By the RAW it causes warping, but I think RAW fails here.

Xavi

Well is a good way to have a major inmunity cold ( although you can convince your SG to leave it minor somehow) paying just a minor supernatural. Anyway if you pay a major supernatural switch to an inmunity and you will take many advantages.

You can also have something of talk with shadows, whisper to the stars, and/or nigthvision

Nice companion.

In my opinion you would save yourself a lot of aggravation if you got your cold immunity from a minor virtue and used your power from something else. Particularly if you plan on using cold as a theme for your charactor.