Nami in Domus Suam

I doubt this will satisfy those who were complaining and there is a good chance that this will make some of them very, very angry with me. That being said…

I have played in a number of games at conventions set in the 1920’s, either CoC or various pulp systems. If I had thought about it, I would have assumed that many of the NPC’s were prejudiced against black people and can’t remember any where there was a black player character included. If I had been invited to make player characters for that game and had been told Don’t make any black characters, they would have to deal with prejudice I would have found that offputting.

I failed to realize was that by asking people to make player characters that kowtowed to Anna’s prejudice, I was asking them to go along with that prejudice and that was going to make them unhappy. I can't help feeling that is what is driving the comments, rather than a concern for possible player reaction.

I'm not angry with you. I'd rather give you the benefit of the doubt and simply assume that it's not an angle you'd (had to) consider.

I think that Lee hits the nail on the head with: