[New Flaw] Lost Parens

It just seems that if this was taken a Major or minor story flaw, then it is obviously legitimate.

Story flaws are how you describe to your group what you are interested in as far as a story for your character.

The Major story flaw, Lost Parens: You parens is gone and nearly all of your master's friends and allies believe you are somehow responsible for it. While they have no proof yet, they are certainly in pursuit of evidence, but in the mean time, they offer you constant challenges and will attempt to sway the Tribunal to rejecting you. Start with a bad reputation of..... whatever to show the added negative effect of your paren's allies talking bad about you.

The minor story flaw, Lost Parens: Your parens has vanished. While the events that led up to this are unclear, it leaves you exposed to predation by opportunistic enemies who may seek to take advantage of you, or perhaps they disliked your parens and upon your master's disappearance have switched their dislike to you. You also feel obligated to learn the reasons behind the disappearance.

I am sure these can be written in far better prose than I have done, but they seem quite legit as far as story flaws go.

PS.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That's a very good suggestion. I changed it in the Original Post!

Exactly the kind of thing I meant. Thanks! :smiley:

Not story. A story flaw is there to create stories not to kill them off.

If Lost parens meant the parens disappeared and may reappear any day wearing pink knockers and a green toupet - now that's a story flaw.

Well, this is why story flaws should be vetted by the storeteller. This flaw creates lots of stories in my view of how the game is played. Who will the player get to help with that first Longevity Potion? What kind of favor will this powerful mage ask of the player? Did the player get his vote before his parens disappeared? What will the player do to protect and secure his parens sanctum and property, and how long will he do this before assuming that his parens is not coming back from Twilight or travels? The list goes on. Again, a Parens is a powerful ally in canon. Serf's parma, the relationship is described as Father and Son. Family lines are pretty important in a Medieval setting, yes? If you are running a game where the players are cosmically powered demi-gods dancing on the edge of the Magic realm, then this is probably not a flaw in your game.....