New Spell; combat buff

Oh yah, I totally get what the spell is supposed to do, and I can understand your way at looking at it.

My point is that nothing in the spell allows you to dodge better. There's no increased reaction time magic, no deflection magic, just a spell that can only tell you where an arrow is aiming after it's fired. By sound. If you were watching an enemy aiming a bow at you (thus you KNOW where the arrow is going to end up...in your body.) you can't do any better than apply your defense against the enemy's attack. Why will a beeping at the location your body now occupies suddenly give you super dodging prowess?

I see that vision only extends in a cone in front of you and hearing is 360 degrees, but hearing is not as good at giving combat information as sight (and a level 2 effect wouldn't make it so in my opinion).

Anyway, thanks for the dialogue. Best wishes.

And Doppler-effect giving you an immediate feedback on the likely success of your dodging attempts.
Medieval magi might not have had a name for it. But they certainly experienced it, and then built this spell.

Kind regards,

Berengar