New spell: Oblivion

Oblivion

ReIm 30
R: Eye, D: Sun, T: Individual
By staring in the eyes of your victim, you can take him into the void. After but a moment, the target of the spell will find himself lost with only light to comfort him, providing that a source of light is available in the reality, or in complete darkness if none are.

If cast with a Rego casting requisite, the caster can designate objects who's species will pass the ward unobstructed such as himself if he wants to have a quiet discussion with the victim (Note that all present, save the target of the spell, actually see, hear, smell, etc all that is happening). Target of the spell will still feel pain if he is hit but is oblivious to the source of the pain.

Augustus of Criamon used this spell to contemplate oblivion as part of his research on the enigma.
(Base: 15 (ward vs species), R: Eye+1, D: Sun +2, T: Individual)
Contributor: William

The whole thing about the Rego requisite makes no sense. It's a Rego Imaginem spell. How can it have a Rego requisite? Otherwise it sounds like a fun different use of a ward. Along those lines a PeAu ward to suffocate the victim could work nicely.

Chris

Agreed. Didn't re-read myself

Oblivion

ReIm 30
R: Eye, D: Sun, T: Individual
By staring in the eyes of your victim, you can take him into the void. After but a moment, the target of the spell will find himself lost with only light to comfort him, providing that a source of light is available in the reality, or in complete darkness if none are.

The caster can designate objects who's species will pass the ward unobstructed such as himself if he wants to have a quiet discussion with the victim (Note that all present, save the target of the spell, actually see, hear, smell, etc all that is happening). Target of the spell will still feel pain if he is hit but is oblivious to the source of the pain.

Augustus of Criamon used this spell to contemplate oblivion as part of his research on the enigma.
(Base: 15 (ward vs species), R: Eye+1, D: Sun +2, T: Individual)

I would say the baseline ward would block everything it is supposed to block. To be able to designate something not blocked should be at least +1.

Chris

Can you source a warding spell for any other Form that allows such flexibility?
The target is warded against all species ; so cannot see , hear , smell , taste or feel anything.
As you say , they can still experience pain. (page 63 , HoH: Societates)
The only way you should be able to have "a quiet discussion" with them is using Mentem

While I like the basic effect, I think the control-thingie is problematic. How can the spell even determine whose images are to be blocked and who's aren't? If this was an item, I'd insert an InIm effect with a linked trigger to pull something that fancy off... As a spell, I think only a Concentration duration should allow this, with the caster Concentrating on letting certain images through.

Just my opinion.

Yair

Alright, but I wanted to stay away from mentem magic so I'm thinking of a 2nd spell that would simply pass the ward. Something in the lines of

Appearance of Sage
MuIm(Ig) 10
R: Per, D: Conc, T: Individual
Allows the caster to taint his species with light providing an angelic taint to the caster. Caster can concentrate on an actor that is in perceiving range and allow that subject to see him in his base form. Species directed toward that subject are simply reverted back to normal upon being perceived.

Augustus of Criamon used this spell to impress the most impressible and to talk with those under the effect of his Oblivion spell.
(Base: 2 (sound & visual), R: Per, D: Conc +1, T: Individual, +1 Ig rq, +2 Fancy effect)

Would the above work? Logic is the spell reverts the species from light to Normal after passing the ward.

W