No Mercy for the Tremere - An Alternative Schism War

Based on what it says in HoH: Societates, p102, I have a very hard time accepting the idea that Primus Basilicus would have cast his vote and all the proxy votes he was carrying in House Diedne's favour. Firstly because it says he wanted to keep House Ex Miscellenea out of trouble as much as possible, and secondly because a lot of magi Ex Miscellenea were emphatically not allies of House Diedne. It's mentioned that they did in fact kill a lot of Diedne magi in Britain. I suspect, therefore, that at least some of the magi Ex Miscellenea who gave Basilcus their sigils told him to vote against House Diedne, and failing to use a directed proxy according to the magus's instructions is a high crime. I also think it's possible that Basilicus never actually intended to reach the Grand Tribunal in time for the vote, as an excuse for not taking one side or the other. I mean, he might not have cared very much for House Tremere's view himself, but what if most of his fellows were actually in favour of kicking House Diedne out?