November Project : Hermetic Museum

I don't want to do a disservice to either the original writer or the vision associated with it.
That said, their involvement basically ends at donating this (and possibly other items). I am basically using them as the pagan counterpart s to the original Iconophilles, at least officially. Well, it makes sense given the House's idea of beauty and Isadora's 'origin'.

Which in turn still feels like a large shift, given the strong Church ties the House is going for...
Not unsurmountable, and it does make sense but I know that I'd feel more comfortable with a disclaimer. Like this one.

I'll get to work and try to keep this stuff as much in the background as possible.

Just so no-one takes it, here is the source material.

I see no problem at all with that :slight_smile: In fact I would think it can be FGREAT. The more diverse the hoard of items the better. I might try to work some hyperborean or mechanica items into that if I get around to do it. Xavi looks at his long list of pending projects and shudders. Diversity and novel approaches can be great. :slight_smile: Go forward with it. you could probably get away with this on an OFFICIAL supplement, let alone in a FAN project. All kudos to you to think about contributing :slight_smile:

A small idealistic part of me did want to do a write up for the College's variant of the Cult of Isis for Sub Rosa...
But again, not an original idea and to be honest I'm not that self assured with my capabilities. That is assuming that they'd even be interested given the large amounts of historical groups that have yet to be covered.

Hey, no, everything gores into the pot here, and people just pull out what they want. Once a book is out in the public, the author just needs to let it go and make its own friends and enemies. Every so often one of us will go "Hey OK, that's really not what I meant there." if we think that there's some juicy story potential which is eing ignored by the most common read, but there's no such thing as doing a disservice. I say this as the guy who had both the nomination in the most recent fan awards for Most Improved House. If we couldn't change things, the Tremere would still be panto villains.

Hey! Thoth monkey! Cool!

OK, so as the guy who did the Jerbitons this time around, I'm telling you not to worry about offending the guy who did the Jerbitons this time around. If I did them again, they'd be far more intimately tied to the fortunes of the eastern Empire, for one. 8)

Saw this in the FT today, and it got me thinking:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-man

The Lion Man of Hohlenstein-Stadel

Deep in the caves of southern Germany, near the headwaters of the Rhine and Danube is a set of caves that have been inhabited for... well for longer than Bishop Ussher would deem possible.

Among the artifacts recovered by a Seeker was an lion-man figurine carved from what looked like ivory, but on closer inspection it was like no ivory they had ever seen before. The figurine contained spun Animal-Vis, and, but somehow no-one has managed to investigate the effects it contains.

Perhaps this could be an artifact from a pre-Bjornear tradition, and could serve as an insight for integrating some of the inner mysteries into standard theory, or heresy of heresies maybe for Bjornear Magi, it could allow them to discover that in addition to their primary heartbeast they can also unlock their lion heartbeast. The existence of other such figurines might allow other secondary heartbeasts to be uncovered, and the Bjornear tradition can finally be released from the chains of their own ignorance and take their places as proud shapeshifters extraordinare!

Bob

(I hereby reliquish all my rights to this yada yada yada)