OOC: Building the Tribunal Field

The CrTe versions of these spells work out to be the same, since Create Stone and Create Unnatural Wood Shapes are both Base 3.

The Tribunal Book is a pair of tractatus, a Q15 Etiquette and a Q15 Normandy Tribunal Lore.

Normandy Tribunal Lore is different from OoHLore?

Similar, but different. Order of Hermes Lore covers order-wide information, tradition, people, stuff like that. Normandy Tribunal is more along the lines of stuff that's specific to the Tribunal, like seisins, tropea, vis ownership (or lack thereof), the weird traditions that Normandy has, stuff like that.

The enchantment in Cov is Base 2. Fiddling a bit, I come up with this:

1. GL 2 + 1 Touch + 2 Ring + 2 Room + 5 24 uses/day = 20

Alternatively, if Ring doesn't work here,
2) GL 2 + 1 Touch + 3 Moon + 2 Room + 5 24 uses/day = 25

Or, just for fun....
3) GL 2 + 1 Touch + 3 Moon + 2 Room = 20 vs a Lab Total of (at least) 65 = 9 charges (would that be enough?)

Option 3 doesn't require a lab text. I could make either option 1 or 2 without a lab text, but I'm wondering if either of these are in the package of texts waiting for us at Confluensis.

Current estimates on the Viscaria's vis-usage, primarily for Tribunal-related enchantments:

Assumes Lab Texts for:
Stone Cutter (ReTe15), Enchanted Porter(ReTe15), Shape The Supporting Pillar (ReTe10) as elements of a Greater Device,
The Foundation Stone ReTe29,
Lamp Lighter (base 3 +1 touch +2 ring +10 unlimited = CrIg20),
Hearth-Starter (base 4 +1 touch +2 ring +10 unlimited = CrIg25).
the Sewage/Refuse management spell
the Food Preservation spell

1223:
Autumn: The Quarryman’s Ring(5/6) x2, ((2+2+1)x2=10 ReTe vis needed)
Winter: The Quarryman’s Ring(5/6) x2. (10 ReTe vis needed, as above)
(plus 24 Vim vis to open them)

Spring: The Foundation Stone ReTe 29 (x2 or x3) (3+3(+3)=6/9 ReTe, depending if Lab Text is available)
NOTE: The number of Foundation Stones = the number of bridges that lead to entrances. How many do we want?

Spring: PERSONAL : Attune Talisman with 12 Vim Vis
Summer: Labwork (Sewage Spell) with Apprentices help : NEED DETAILS. ReCo/An/He vis? Possibly 6?
Autumn: PERSONAL Enchant Familiar - Mental Communication (CrMe 15) (Needs 2 CrMe vis)
Winter: Lamplighter wand(5/6) - CrIg vis (2+3+ 2 personal)

• 6 vim vis to open

Autumn: Food Preservation wand(3/6) CrAn(He) 25
NEED 3 CrAn + 3 personal*)

• 6 vim vis to open
  • I can only think of one thing that I could use my remaining CrAn(He) lab total to enchant. What is the base level to conjure a waterproof animal-hide tent with wooden poles, anyway?

Tangent: This 4-person quarry team can continue to exist well after the tribunal needs are met, to help rebuild the wall, build guard houses, etc.

Tangent: I'm thinking that guests will be responsible for keeping their rooms lit and warm, but we can do it for them for a small fee.

I'm assuming that the Covenant will not want to pay her to open all these devices and instead suggest that each spell be made into a separate device, in which case she'll use her Alchemy to do it anyway (growing Hubris). Her Vis Extraction totals are high enough that she can also use extract vis to cover her personal enchanting needs (although this is slightly inefficient --she harvests only 2 of any form besides Terram and Vim).

During this period, she can also harvest another 21 pawns of Terram or Vim, which she'd like to trade in to our stores to balance things out (preferably for Cr, Re). Possibly also for some Me, if the covenant decides that her plans for that magi's body is a personal project for her.

After much personal debate, I've decided that she will NOT be skimming ReTe vis off the top and substituting Fatigue levels. She's definitely learned that this would be a stupid thing to do by now.

The enchantment in Cov is Base 2. Fiddling a bit, I come up with this:

1. GL 2 + 1 Touch + 2 Ring + 2 Room + 5 24 uses/day = 20
    [/quote]
    If we go for this, how many do you need? This should be ritually spontable by Isen, which should spare some vis. He'll be glad to help. Grumpily glad.

Does Theraphosa want us to throw in a Corpus requisite too?

Also, even though it's the same cost, wouldn't Group be more appropriate than Room for victuals you're placing inside the ring? (which I'm assuming is a barrel?)

For that matter, how about making it R: Touch (+1), D: Sun (+2), T: Group (+2), for an effect level of 15. Then throw in Environmental Trigger (+3) and three uses a day (+2) to get it to an enchantment level of 20, or drop the environmental trigger, give it 24 uses a day (+5) for an enchantment level of 20 (and we just have to make sure that the kitchen staff knows to use the trigger phrase every time they put something in it, and again at sunrise/sunset).

Apparently, my previous post never went through.

I haven't spent much time thinking about Theraphosa's corpus-eating habits until now. I suppose she certainly has had human flesh in the past, as a cave-siren (since I didn't give her any fatigue-stealing powers). But I don't know that its come into play or is generally well-known. It's not the sort of thing Thera would mention, and I doubt that Viscaria thought it through.

I designed the spell to be target Room so that one wand could enchant many rooms to preserve food. Does the food have to be in the Room when you cast the spell?

Looking at the spell, the numbers don't quite match the fluff text. The numbers say that it's usable twice a day, with an environmental trigger (I'm assuming sunrise & sunset). So, it would work on whatever's in the room at sunrise and sunset, and anything placed in the room between the triggers would rot normally until the spell was cast again, at which time it would stop. I think.

I suppose I'm fine with that. Unless someone has a better idea?

We also have the question of how many places we need to cast it at, and whether or not Isen could do it for us.

He could, sure, but he'd prefer to do it as visless circle enchantments, if it could work that way. Faster, cheaper, yeah!

Sorry, yes, that's what I meant.

No problem, then :smiley:

(So long as he doesn't botch, that is...)

You could invent the spell.

IMO, unless you need the penetration, use it frequently enough, there's not much point in inventing a spell you can spont. And he's not likely to have much need for this after the tribunal.

Yes and no. The older a magus gets, the more likely that spell gets invented. That and a horrible botch experience might also drive the person to do it. Now if the spell can be cast spontaneously without effort or fatigue, then yes, I agree...

Okay, I just realized something that makes me feel pretty foolish.

Fiona reads the tribunal book in 1222.2, and then tells us about the materials available at Confluensis. Viscaria is spending 1222.2-1222.4 reading the Latin Rego book. Given the portal to Harco, how long (and how much?) would it take her to get to Confluensis during that year to pick up the material?

Well, it is free for a Redcap...

Fair enough, but my point is that there is no need to wait until 1223.1 to go get them.