OOC Chapter 4: Westerwald

I doubt a German covenant will have an English name - so I made the name sound more German.

Just something that infernal demon worshipers would do!! :imp:

I was thinking that Carolinus might want to cast a spontaneous version of Discern the Images of Truth and Falsehood (InIm Gen), but I am not sure how this works with the T: vision. Is the "Base effect" the level of illusion spell that can be detected? Would that be, for example:

Discern Images (of level 5 or less)
Base 5, +1 concentration, +4 vision = final level 10.

This would need a spont casting total of at least 20, which Carolinus will be hard pressed to do. If he does cast it, his stats (In 0, Im 7, Stm 1, aura 2 = 10) would take care of the modifiers. Would he then be able to perceive illusions cast at a level of half the die roll? (Probably wouldn't see very much with what I've been rolling. :wink: )

Since the spell description expressly contains the vision target, it is free. The final level is the same you calculated though. Once you go passed level 5, each magnitude adds 5 levels instead of one.

Base 5, Concentration +1, Vision free = level 10

For any other base effect of level 5, adding concentration and vision would lead to:
Base 5, Concentration +1, Vision +4 = level 30

As far as i know, you can announce that you want to discern the highest image possible. Then you roll, calculate your casting total and see where you got. Its about half of what you rolled in this case, but not precisely.

But if you dont mind, Rabanus will take care of it. Its his specialty....
You might need to cover me though, since im giving it all i can and ceremonial casting will take a while.

Hello?
This got very quiet at a pivotal moment.
JM, are you plotting our demise, or how we can salvage this?

Sometimes this happens with PbP games. real life kicks in hard at times.

Sorry, having a family, a stressful week on the job, and building a house in my freetime sort of limited my time, and I didn#t want to fast-post nonsense.

Sorry, JM, for the prod, if you thought it was rude. I was just wondering if you were waiting for the other players to jump in... I certainly understand the pressures of job and family.

Well, no I am the one who has to apologize. I'll do my best to keep the game going, but August and September will be slower than usual.

The good news is that I won't move again in the next 27 years after that (paying mortgage makes it easy to predict the future).

So will July.

I suggest you use these three months to find a charter and do some ooc planning in a new thread (what do we want)

Had a very busy week so I have not been on much. I'll try to take care of that pesky oak today.

Been sick this week, with only enough energy to lurk. Should be able to post more within a few days.

I'm in my new job now so I will be more regular in posting next week

Internet has returned, (kitchen only so far)
Can someone get that tombstone of my coffin?

Do we need to find out who is here?

Honorus...Present!

Carolinus... present!

Arturous - present as well

So - if you want Westerwald to continue - post!
If you want to move on to the last potentia site - say so!

I can't think of how to destroy that tree for now so i will have to let it be. I'm ready to move to the next location but I do like this spot so far ( minus the inferalist of course) but it may not like me.

from reading jean's last post on the Westerwald thread, i thought the tree was destroyed