OOC chat

I think that's right. Not something he's trying to hide.

Should we perhaps start the next day sometime soon? It will take us a while to form search parties or whatever, so Okeannetis' story should have progressed sufficiently by then.

2 Likes

Yes, the faerie adventure has earned 2 fable points so far, which means a minimum of 1 day duration when she emerges...

Should we play the rescue mission or just skip it? I suppose we kind of know already that it's going to be three days of fruitless desert trekking until Okeannetis resurfaces. Or do you have something up your sleeve, Silveroak?

something up my sleeve? Besides the bag of holding I routinely keep there?
Nothing specific but if you want to play it there is the possibility of discovering something else, depending on how you go about it. If you are going to follow the Monoceros as it sniffs its own trail back to the mountain where the cave was, see a mountain with no cave and then head back we can pretty much skip it.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, seems like we've been playing with an accidental house rule for a while.

I think I'd rather skip the desert trek, since we already had one - how do the others feel?

Skipping it is probably better

For sure, the plan is to follow the familiar. I'm not sure we'd abandon Okeannetis without some time searching for why is there no cave here and whether there are supernatural things about in the vincinity, but I'm okay for skipping it narratively and calling it a lost day unless the GM finds it plausible we've found something else in the area for the scene to be worth playing out.

plausible, yes. Necessary, no. If you would rather skip it we will skip it without any issues.

1 Like

I would also lean towards skipping it.

Ok, let's skip then.

We should probably decide what happened during these past 3 days though. I suppose we sent a few team out which couldnt find anything, even with guidance from the familiar.

1 Like

That was my thought

@Heaven_s_Thunder_Ham has posted on the forums in the past few days, but hasn't posted here. Perhaps we can start assuming that they are not coming back? What about @Panopticon , you still there?

If they are gone, should we consider recruiting replacements?

1 Like

Right now the covenant is closed- people don't just wander in to replace dropped magi when nobody is coming and going from the covenant. If someone has stopped posting we will assume they are closed up in their lab until it becomes an issue which can be addressed in game.

I suppose it would be quite believable that we had a new member incoming but can't remember it anymore. But that is up to you, of course, and we can perfectly well do it later.

Definitely doesn't feel like a scenario where we can just throw new magi in, I agree - especially depending on the secret histories which we do not yet know.

With apologies everyone, I have just not had the mindset or wherewithall to participate lately. Work got busy and then I got behind on posts, and then the plot slowed for a bit... Then it picked back up again and I got even more behind. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to everyone else.

3 Likes

Great that you're back!

1 Like