OOC chat

The Aegis is traditionally cast at the beginning of the winter season (winter solstice) but could just as easily be cast at the beginning of any season. In fact thus far you are assuming that the current aegis was cast at the winter solstice because it is tradition, but all you really know is that the current aegis is up.

Ok, so it's probably safest to cast it at the beginning of Winter, meaning that Plasmatoris won't make it, which is fine since Zarkut can cast Vigil spontaneously.

1 Like

And then having completed his duties to protect the covenant, Plasmatoris can finally finish the painting he's been preparing for over the last year, using his Talisman to sustain, upkeep, and modify ever since the idea first came into his head.

Could we have a description of what makes the area of the covenant a "vile surroundings" area?

It is a desiccated badland comprised almost entirely of bare rock, sickly plants, and what falls from the plants decays rapidly despite the desiccation.

That moment when you're glad not to be in the room because the temptation is high to tell them what I think of religion that makes people consider suicide.

2 Likes

@silveroak what would it take to find out what, if any, is our Famiiars' score in MT, and their Int? just so I can calculate my Lab total for future projects.

Not suicide, that would be an unforgivable sin. They simply allow someone else to murder them and later that person can ask forgiveness.

Right, the difference between a forgivable and unforgivable sin, near as I can tell. :slight_smile:

Well if you die you go to heaven but if you stay alive and sin you go to hell. Hard to argue with that logic. Though whether a mutually agreed-on murder is really suicide is kind of a question mark IMO.

Is this saga using the rules that moving across a circle will count as breaking the circle? I am curious because when I've talked to people about that interpretation, often people were aggressively against it
EDIT: This question was answered in a later post. I still think this is a reasonable and interesting interpretation. I like it.

So we have a vis gathering issue, and a lot of cathars we're thinking of putting in slumber and feed artificially. Since minds can't cross circles but machines can, that might be a way forward. Does anyone have an idea of making the next logical step concrete - harvesting vis from their dreams, matrix-style? :rofl:

Edit: wait, if we can wait a few years and they warp enough, maybe we'll be onto something.

2 Likes

@silveroak

My character has a mMF in Legendary Creatures. If I try to research a spell to turn into a Legendary Creature, does it have to be a creature known to her, or might she think up a creature, say a fiery bird of prey, or a wolf that can swim through the earth, and research a spell to turn into such a creature? (Obviously such spells might add more requisites)

A legendary creature is a creature of legend, meaning it has a long established lore, not something she makes up herself.
Also note that transforming into legendary creatures will generally mean creatures with might scores...

Would a Magic Lore check be in order to research such creatures?
How long would that take?

Depends on what you are trying to research.

talk to the covenfolk, and maybe down at the Oasis, and see if she can find descriptions of a magical creature, so she can work on a spell to turn into such a creature.

You keep saying "such a creature" with no indication of what creature you are talking about. There are several mythical creatures in your menagarie, so what exactly are you looking for?

I want to research about a legendary bird, and a legendary wolf. As far as I recall, we don't have any such creature in our menagerie.

There are numerous legendary birds and wolves on European lore. while the Phoenix is technically middle eastern/north African it made its way into European lore via Greek culture, there are whole lists of wolves, legends of magical ravens, doves, etc...