OOC chat

Out it will have to be, then. Otherwise getting sufficient penetration would be hard. What would happen if a spirit was inside the circle at the time of casting, given that the ward only keeps them out?

Another thing: How large is the covenant altogether, i.e. how many paces circumference? Trying to find out if it would be feasible, concentration-wise, to cast a ward like that around the covenant.

There's always the option of placing, say, 5 circles whose limit touch in such a way the spirit can't go anywhere.

If a spirit were inside when it were cast it would be able to leave, and leaving would break the circle.

I was talking of imprisoning the spirit indirectly, not by placing the spirit within a circle, but by drawing multiple circles whose edge touch in such a way that the spirit would be trapped because it would need to enter the edge of any one of the circles to escape. Maybe a visual explanation would help:
https://images.app.goo.gl/ENoDa9u3BrRy9mpo8

I get that, I was answering Seon's question.

1 Like

With life-linked spont, for sure Lares can do at least 1 or 2 useful spells...

1 Like

I'm pretty sure Plasmatoris is the opposite of useful, since he has no spells to interact with spirits, and his ability to do anything spontaneous is abysmal.

Don't let that stop you! I'm sure there is a great painting of Hunger just around the corner!

1 Like

I'm sure it's secretly hungry for fame :smile:

2 Likes

Do you think we can barter Plasmatoris forgetting his dinners because he's focusing on art as a sacrifice to hunger?

1 Like

@Panopticon You are aware that Zarkut could blast it with a might stripper, right? Not meaning you should, necessarily, but just making sure.

But can he force it to manifest so it can be killed for it's vis?

Yes. Just can't post during the day.

Also, penetration is a problem. Weirdly, knocking myself unconscious to spont a MuVi (or is it MuMe?) and make it materialize has a better shot than my formulaic might strippers.

1 Like

It's MuMe, if it's a spirit. I was thinking it might be an auram creature similar to an elemental and was considering doing MuAu(Te), but going through the floor a few times cleared up my theory.

1 Like

I am just posting to confirm I'm still alive and more or less following the current plot story. Since I'm not participating, I've been quiet. But I am checking in still.

2 Likes

I keep expecting Plasmatoris to walk in and cast or do something totally unexpected to save the day!

What's your intention, here, silveroak as a storyteller, in terms of bringing the spirit in the sanctum of a player who hasn't yet participated in the thread? Whaler has last posted on this forum on May 6th. If we wait for him to answer a knock on the door, the story will likely stall for an undetermined period of time.

There are in game reasons for the spirit to be headed where it is headed. I'm not sure what the situation is with Whaler, but of course actually violating the sanctum is a possibility, or waiting for the spirit to come out...

I also want to point out that if the approach is going to be that all you need to do is post a spell and not engage as a character we might as well bury the game anyways.

Please, no burying. :slightly_smiling_face:

The story here is fun and interesting!

Yeah, you better not bury this game, it's fun.