OOC chat

How do you handle gains of confidence points?

Looking back: 1) I'm giving everyone 4 confidence for the beginning set of treads of the awakening. Okeannetis gains 4 from the faerie adventure, aetherius gains 2 from his adventure in the dunes, Argentus, Okeannetis, Lares, Plasmatorius, and Zarkut each gain 2 from the Cathar negotiations while Lares gains 3 from those negotiations. In Total Silas and Tastheus each have 4 confidence from stories, Argentius, Plasmatoris, Aetherius, and Zarkut each have 6, Lares has 7 and Okeannetis 10.

I will endevor to do better about posting these with the adevntures in the future.

1 Like

I apologize for my general silence. At somepoint I lost track of where exactly we were, and then I got rather busy here - my online class (and my partners) both are coming up on finals. Oddly enough, the RP and character chatter was easier for me to follow than actual plans for the game, which is the opposite of usual.

1 Like

I've updated Argentius's seasonal plan. To minimize impact, I swapped the Study Vigil in for the Lesser Enchanted Item in Summer 1290. Otherwise, the plan remains the same.

Lares still shows learning Vigil in autumn on the spreadsheet.

Yes, he has to learn it then or no Aegis, methinks. What is the problem?

It will prevent it from being copied again, I wanted to make sure this was a decision and not simple neglect or being delayed before I advanced the character through this.

Ah, yes. Lares has to learn it to cast the Aegis, so I'd say conscious decision. I also don't think we necessarily need to copy it anymore, since we'll have several casters already next year - just learn it in different seasons.

Everyone has been updayed trough the end of autumn at this point, aside from 2 exposure experience for Lares.
as this is also the beginning of autumn it is time to cast the aegis as per your plans (and yes, the aegis in place does expire at the beginning of winter)
Lares has aegis of the heart at level 30 with a +23 casting roll
Lares has level 25 wizard's vigil, which has the same effect, aside from duration, as wizard's communion:15 (a total level of 60 equivalency is required to use wizard's vigil to cast the aegis)
Okeannetis also has wizards vigil at 25, counting as another 15 levels equivalency
As such wizard's vigil cannot be used to cast the aegis, and it falls to Lares to cast the spell on his own.
Taking his +23 with +5(aura)+1(artes Liberales)+1(philosophae)+7(die roll) means the aegis is cast with a penetration of 7.

Trivial side note: when the lizard man was brought to the covenant he would have had to have been given a token to enter the aegis. You may decide to remove him from the covenant while the aegis is cast and then invite him back in, include him in the aegis protection, or include him in the ceremony, which depending on what he is may or may not empower him to invite others in.

1 Like

Ah crap. You're right, that's what we needed the fourth caster for originally. I had forgotten about it by now.

Zarkut was going to cast it spontaneously together with Lares and Okeannetis, but it's still not enough, since we would need one more.

Let's give the lizard a token.

2 Likes

If I wanted to research a spell to turn me into such a creature, what Guideline would be used?

MuCo:20 turn a human into a bird, with additional levels for it not being a natural bird of course

I made a minor math error- I should have added 1 for Lares penetration ability for calculating penetration. Penetration of 8

I figured as much. Muto Animal has a level 25 guideline:

Level 25: Radically change an animal in an unnatural way (for example, give a horse wings). Give an animal a “magical” ability, such as the ability to breathe fire (requires a requisite for the ability).

Would one or two levels extra be enough for this? (So Base 30 or 35)

2 levels would suffice.

please note the winter incursion adventure thread...

Does the Ring of Warding Against Spirits only work to keep spirits out, or can it also be used to lock them in? The text suggests only out:

"Only ghosts with current Magic Might higher than the spell’s level can enter the ring you create."

That ring only keeps spirits out, but the same guidelines can be used to create one that will keep them in.

Out it will have to be, then. Otherwise getting sufficient penetration would be hard. What would happen if a spirit was inside the circle at the time of casting, given that the ward only keeps them out?

Another thing: How large is the covenant altogether, i.e. how many paces circumference? Trying to find out if it would be feasible, concentration-wise, to cast a ward like that around the covenant.

There's always the option of placing, say, 5 circles whose limit touch in such a way the spirit can't go anywhere.