OOC Covenant building

According to the rules for using casting tablets, the casting total – spell level can have a difference of 20, and the spell would still be cast (page 90 of covenants).
So either Honorus or Hildegard can easily cast the spell (and even a much higher magnitude variant, if we can find one)

I believe it might cause an issue with the local faeries – let's wait with that until we see what we are up against. at least after the tribunal is over and all of us are present at the site.

Level 20 Aegis will be very good to start with – good balance of protection and vis cost for a young covenant.

IThanks you for the book and page reference. I've been trying to find the casting tablet rules since we began discussing this. For rituals, would we add our Arts Libra and Philo into the casting roll?

It would be nice if the spell had some way for us to design the tower before hand. Make it part of the ritual. Toss the plans into a fire.

not when using casting tables. you only add stamina and aura, but it should be enough. you can also spend confidence points, but not extra vis to boost up the casting (at least that is my interpertation, as the rules specify the amount of raw vis used can't be altered)

Serf's parma, but I thought the tower was designed to the caster's specifications, within the size guidelines?

Will we, and the people Carolinus recruits, be living in tents (intense!) or houses for the first couple of seasons?

Design is usually per the casters specifications, but I believe it can't be altered if using a casting tablet.

Tents will be hard, especially during winter. We should have several wooden houses for the people -I assume the Magi won't spend much time at the site until the tribunal is concluded.

Is the Tribunal before or after mid winter when we need to cast the Aegis?

And should we develop storylines to get companions or do you have a plan?

An aegis can be cast anytime I thought.
The tribunal is after spring.

ooc: rl interferes with me. I'll post at a slow rate for some time.

Honorus will travel to Trier and arrange the transport of the items back to Durenmar ( for now). While in the basement/covenant he will cast a spont IntTe(10)(casting roll of 18) to sense all the rooms within the range of his voice ( basically to sense hidden rooms). If there are any he will attempt to enter in the same way and remove any items he finds. He will send a grog with the teamsters back to Durenmar.

If possible, he will travel to Irencilla to meet with them before going to Fengheld. He will travel back to Durenmar with the Fengheld delegation. He will stop by Westwald covenant site if any of them wish to see it.

absent for a month or so

Going out of town until next week, with limited internet access. I will check and post if I can.

I realize that I do not have the ime to regularly commit myself to managing this thread. I thank all of you for playing this game and apologize for the inconvenient termination.

If anyone else wants to take over - you are welcome to it.

JM, I am sorry that you are leaving. I have enjoyed your story telling. Thank you.

As for someone else taking over, I might be willing, but need to think about it a bit ...

Babies will do that to a person's time.

I liked Honorus too. If this does not go on perhaps I will find another game for him

After pondering the issue, I think it would be a bad idea for me to take over. I am not familiar enough with the Rhine Tribunal to make the stories coherent with the location. Also, after looking around a bit, I think there is more to being an online SG than I realized, and I need to get my head around some of that a bit more.

... So, Carolinus goes into storage for now. Hopefully, I will get a chance to play him again.

JM and all, thanks for letting me join. This was fun while it lasted.

I've been thinking about a ressurection (I've got used to living with twin babies and a toddler). Are you still there?

Yep. Still here.

Glad you are enjoying the kids. It gets much easier (physically) when they can make their own breakfasts.:smiley: (Teenagers and pre-teens require a whole bunch of mental alertness! but still :smiley: )

Great, so let's see if jebrick is still around.

Jbnrick said he was going to return in 2 weeks or so (which gives me the time to reread)

the pm to gozer has been sent.

haven't heard from gozer

might try to recruit a new player. Two of us would be very thin for a Covenant.