OOC discusion on character creation

affinities round up. (ergo if you have two affinities you can score 4 xp per season just from exposure xp if you engage in a relevant activity).

My magus is going to be greating a rather large amount of gold at some point (800 mythic pounds worth). Mostly for his own personal item use and such rather than purely for selling off, but if anyone wants to put vis in for the ritual, they can get a share of the yearly allowance (he's not going to go overboard and flood the market, probably release only a pound or so a year, which is still 10 silver, a nice bump start for getting other businesses up and running ^^

So yeah, if anyone wants to put in a couple of pawns of Creo or Terram vis so he can cast it in the second year, he's willing to split the proceeds 6/4.

A very noble proposition, thank you! Xpofer, however, is using 2/3 of his stores to enchant a magic device, and can't contribute at this time, although he hopes your offer pops up again in the future. Sorry if you've been waiting for a response.

(Love writing in the third person . . . )

Matt

I was going to do this myself, but then I realized that you're producing 10x the gold for only one extra pawn. If I read you right, if I give you 2 pawns of Creo vis, you'll use 3 of your own Creo/Terram vis. You'll get 480 pounds, and I'll get 320 pounds. Did I read that right? If so, count me in; I can give you the 2 Creo pawns at the beginning of Year 2.

While on this note, can anyone give me 1 pawn of Aquam vis in year 4 in return for me giving you 1 pawn of Vim vis? I'm not sure if anyone needs Vim vis or not. I'm also not sure if anyone has Aquam vis.

Or, alternatively, I could give 1 pawn of Creo and 1 pawn of Vim if I receive 2 pawns of Herbam or 1 pawn of Herbam and 1 pawn of Aquam.

• Amadeus (Chris)

Yup, that's right, I made my ritual a little bigger, as I plan on gold plating a few items and such ^^

OK. Perfect. I've set aside the 2 Creo vis at the beginning of Year 2.

Yes, I've had similar plans. I wanted some gold available for items and for illumination in addition to being able to allow a little to trickle out each year as for wealth. (I figure about 1 lb per year per magus is OK, since that's about 10 lb silver and there are a bunch of support persons per magus at a covenant.)

Chris

Ok, the ritual was cast successfully, so enjoy your gold ^^

Sorry for the delays, been a bit busy with work and never seemed to have time, hoping to get a chunk done this weekend now.

Quick questions:

During year 3, Calcarion is going to give the redcaps a couple of pounds or silver or so and ask them to gather some information on the viability of selling stone products (dressed stone, uniform blocks of stone etc)
Just wanted to know what the results might be.

Next question is:
How would I go about getting a set of flawless tools? And are they and superior tools mutually exclusive? Already got an item lined up to deal with the protection of said tools for upkeep purposes.

Are there any suitably intelligent people about to be worthwhile employing as laboratory servants? Failed and burnt out apprentices, or just naturally smart mundanes would be fine.

I seem to recall I had another as well.. but.. damned if I can remember it, ah well. It'll hopefully come back to me ^^

Other than that, got the first five years done, will just wait confirmation on whether I can make that money making venture viable.