OOC Discussion

No, about the latter one I wrote I have no clue what it is. I can't find it, even when I use the pdf with all the virtues/qualities. Where is Needs No Sleep?

Chris

RoP:F (Do I have the publication order backward?) explicitly states experience can be accumulated toward Transformation. There is no explicit statement in RoP:M about this one way or the other.

There is an implicit statement in RoP:M that experience can be accumulated. That's due to Practice being a valid way to do Transformation. According to Erik's desires it's invalid, but the book says it's valid. So according to RoP:M alone Erik is wrong. That's why I said he must have been overruled.

Chris

We lost power over 24 hours ago and probably won't get it back for a couple more days, so I have very limited access right now. I'll let the bunch of you hammer out the spell details in the Haunted Covenant thread.

Chris

Any spells I cast for the flooding will happen after the ghosts. I will try to post die rolls for Gregorius's lab and the Lamps of Significance before the weekend is out, and then I am ready for the ghosts to happen.

As I said elsewhere, Viola will be done exploring the regio by the end of the night of the party, so she can join the Haunted Covenant thread as she desires.

I think Erik was confused on that one.

Scott

I'm inclined to agree with you, esp. since applying the Might penalty each season XP's are earned makes it not very prone to abuse (and with 50 XP's required in our house rules, I don't think it's an issue). Magic was published before Faerie, though.

Scott

I'm largely waiting on other people in the Haunted Covenant thread.

Is there anything you need from me?

Scott

We have power back now after 3 days without. I tried to stay on top of thing but fell behind. I should be able to catch up soon.

Chris

Likewise, the Faerie Regio thread is waiting on redcat to catch up. Just wave if you've got nothing to add, 'cat.

I think I'm waiting on eother a reply from Patrick, or Tasia catching up with the coversation. Alternatively, I'm mostly ready to move on to just before the ghosts start arriving. I don't know if we're waiting on Viola to finish in the regio for that, though.

As the SG in that story, you should send redcat a PM to make sure--among other things, sometimes people don't get the notices that are supposed to be sent for new posts.

As for Viola, yes, probably we should wait on her to get back before tackling the ghosts, though maybe I could think of a way for her not to be involved.

Scott

Is anyone else missing all the edit and quote buttons?

Chris

I would tell you, but I can't find my reply button.

(check the Board Upgrade notice at the top of every forum for more details.)

If you hover your mouse over the place it's supposed to me, "Reply with quote" will pop up, and you can click there.

Scott

So....is there some reason we haven't started the ghosts yet? If the answer is just "we're having good RP," that's fine by me, but I wanted to check to make sure we weren't waiting on somebody (read: me) to do something.

Two reasons--the first is that you guys haven't signaled that you're ready for the ghosts, that is, that you've make all the preparations you're going to make. The second is that we should wait for Viola, but that one can be overcome, unless you think there's a good chance the faerie regio thread is going to prove fatal to her.

Scott

I mentioned before that the Temple thread would leave Viola free by the end of the night, but I wasn't very explicit about that: it is extremely unlikely that anything is going to prove fatal to her on her first visit (I haven't actually calculated Halia's might score, or the penetration of her attacks, since Viola has figured out enough to avoid the primary one). She can leave and come back to it whenever she wants.

Assuming we all agree on ward and Lamp placements, I'm ready to move on to the ghosts, and am just RPing conversation until then. It sounded to me like Gregorius and Tasia weren't planning on making any more preparations, since they plan to spend the day talking to the wisewoman about local legends and the possible identities of the previous covenant's attackers.

I'm ready to move to the ghosts.

OK, then, I'll open that thread as soon as I can, taking into account that my wife and I are visiting my parents.

Scott