OOC Discussion

Can the last three or so posts be moved out of character sheets?

Something we've done in some of our sagas is to cut down on the main library, divvy the remaining points among the magi, and tell them to bring some texts with them. Then everyone gets some of what they want, but the library is also rarely optimized because the books are selected individually.

Chris

Agreed, they should be moved to Character Development.

Yes, yes, I was going to move them. :slight_smile:

Scott

I've done it entirely with books brought by the magi before, though I think there was some coordination between players.

Scott

Just a little tidbit to give people a laugh:

io9.com/5696469/the-crazy-life-a ... astronomer

I had read somewhere that Brahe was an interesting fellow ... but I never knew about his drunken pet elk!

ROFL :slight_smile:

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I started training for my new job last week and am in the process of moving a couple hours away this weekend, so that I can start my new position by Dec 1st. Life has been crazy but I'm doing what I can to keep up with things!

I had made a Cult of Heroes Mythic Redcap for the "Fire in the North" saga which is now on indefinite (?) hiatus, and if I need a B-team character, I would kinda like to play that character concept here, since I really like the character and I'm unlikely to find the time to build a new character any time soon.

I think that would make a good B-team character, especially since s/he would have a good reaosn to pop in and out.

Scott

Gratz on the new position!

A suggestion: It would be cool if your Redcap were the one who saved Tamura's life. Her history is easy to tweak in that regard, since she now has nothing to do with Flavius. They could be friends.

Cheers,
Chris

I haven't had much time to read up on the other characters, and I certainly haven't kept it all straight in my head-- is Tamura the one with the hate-on for Crusaders? Said Redcap is a Jewess who likes to sneak off and kill Crusaders (incognito).

That's what a summaries might help with.

I agree. I need to post one for Viola, but just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Scott

She does sort of hate crude, violent people ... if they remind her of the people who killed her husband and almost offed her for the sake of a few coins then yes. If she is made of aware of the typical depravity and such that crusaders sometimes evidenced then she could be convinced to help. Actually killing might be very difficult for her - shes not soft hearted but she's not killed yet either.

She would definetly help out a Redcap though, and is sensitive to how society can oppress people. The fact that your Mercere is both female and a Jew would likely impress her very much - as she believes that the Order is a new sort of soceity with a new social equality. That an outsider and a woman can achieve status would elevate you in her eyes ... so you could probably influence her into bad behaviour :slight_smile:

Sounds like a good fit. And with Bereleyn's heroic nature (the strong must choose between being the oppressor or protecting the oppressed-- no middle ground) she definitely has a compulsion to rescue those in need.

OK, I'm ready to start things on schedule with the settlement of the covenant. I'll have something out by Monday. If there are any last-minute requests (about setting, particularly labs), please let me know.

Scott

Yeah, finally.

I still need to create a few ex-lepra grogs (or can I just use some template grogs from ArM5)?

Well, I did say at the very beginning that we were supposed to start at the end of November, so we're right on schedule. :slight_smile:

Template grogs are fine--you mean the ones from Covenants?

Scott

Both exist (template ArM5 characters are before detailed character generation rules). Doesn't matter which - cannon fodder anyway. :smiling_imp:

Arya: Detecting auras is really easy: Base 1. Determining their level is base 2. You need a separate spell for each realm.

Scott: What do you want me to do about Alcimus? Currently he's built as a companion character, but no-one's playing him.