Out for Blood

Fair enough. I have another question about Feral Strength. Does its use represent a "Creature Powers check" as far as reversing supernatural creatures with Transformation to their natural monstrous form goes ?

Hey I have a question. The Tart with a Heart Type has Great Listener, but I had already taken to naming the Unique Schticks of the original types and named the Spy's that because they more or less read identically - what is the difference between the two, other than the situation in which it's used, one being the "Mwuhahhah Mr. Bond, here's what I'm going to do..." and the other "Oh, James, come away with me - tomorrow I'm going to the bank to withdraw four hundred million..."?

Also, I've included TWAH (hmm not sure about abbreviating this one a lot!) in my Types profile PDF I've put together just to fill out the 3-per-page "theme" I've got going, and wondered if it was okay, as I planned on putting this PDF and .ODS file up for download at some point (with credit to Queex of course).

I'd probably rule that on a case-by-case basis. Given how the number of types with CP has expanded since the original book, the automatic 'only CP when monstrous' doesn't necessarily make sense for all of them. On the other hand, it's entirely within genre for a monster to have to show its true form in order to demonstrate its true strength, so I guess the best answer is whatever works for you.

I think the most important difference is the situational one- Spy gets 'you hate me, but you think I'm helpless', TWAH gets 'you feel the need to open up to me'.

I guess they could be expressed as a single schtick, if the schtick is reworded to say 'you can wheedle information out of someone by behaving according to the stereotype of your character type.

Out for Blood is released under a creative-commons licence, so that's fine. Although TWAH was a contribution from my co-author.

Ah ok I see, well I'll post my document here and I'll take any suggestions from anyone here. I also like notdan's Nun archetype.

Basically, I'm doing a 3-per-page theme, and there are 26 basic types, so I need one to finish out and wanted one that seems like it was the most "left out" of the original book - it doesn't REALLY matter, I know, I have no high plans for it, I'm nothing like you (Q), and the other people that make stuff for FS, I was just putting something together for myself and sharing it with others.

I'm one of those people that do random fan contributions to various things, without any real current "support", like a PC writeup for an obscure Warhammer 2nd Edition race, etc. I'm not used to actual legal documents and licenses and all that, though I kinda understand some of the commons and OGL and stuff.

You can come again :slight_smile:

Yeah, the essential difference between the Tart and the Spy is that the Spy taunts his enemies into revealing their plans, whereas the Tart provides a sympathetic ear - people are confessing to her, rather than gloating. Also, IIRC, the Spy can only activate his unique schtick when his enemies appear to have him at their mercy, whereas the tart just needs a quiet corner.

And as far as I'm concerned, anything I contributed to OFB is fair game for anyone to use in any way they wish, provided that Queex raises no objections. It's his book.

I was hoping you would reply but now that I've had a chance to think it over, I guess I really should just release the basic type summary and a blank, and anyone that wants to use the templates I did, can do so and put together their own stuff, as unlike the WFRP community where I incorporated some ideas, you people are still active and working on projects. So I'll just get mine finished and put together and see what comes of that, if anything, and go from there. But thank you, I will keep it in mind. I might go ahead and post what I DID have mocked up for the Nun and Tart.

I'm sorry to hear that :frowning: I've long thought that it would be brilliant to have a consolidated resource giving the details of all the archetypes from the various different feng books, and I for one would love to see the OFB archetypes included in that.

This supplement my man, is awesome!!!

Well done,
Scotbloke

I agree, I think it is a very high-quality fan supplement, most definitely right under the line of something that could be turned into a professional source release for the game. You don't see this kind of effort put into much fan stuff for any game, as a rule, especially one of the more obscure games as FS, but I think that shows the loyalty, creativity and maybe even quirkiness of the players.

It would be a shame to see this vanish on page 2.

So: indeed an excellent fan sourcebook on par with professional releases which IMHO captures the spirit and essence of FS very good. I can only recommend it and will use some things from the book in my campaign.

However some things I would personally change or at least re-check.

• Hacking: it should IMHO be part of fix it. FS has very broad megaskills like guns, medicine, sorcery etc - and every true techguy from 2056 and 1996 will both be a computer geek and a grease monkey. Its similar for dancing/acrobatics. While nothing speaks against these skills (FS has several skills which are minor versions of the main skill already, like Info/Occult or Info/Geomancy for Sorcery for example), it should be made clear, that at least in the context of player FS every kind of physical movement/battle/action leads back to Martial Arts.
  • Parrying/Defending weapons and signature parry as fu schtick: +3 to active parry? Balance is not really a signature ability of the FS game system, but IMHO this falls into the same category like the first version of the water sword. Comparable, passive and always on abilities are normally around +1. And to be honest: the kung fu guys are already extremely powerful when it comes pushing their AVs for defense or attack.
  • IMHO the monarchs should be changed a little bit: they should know all "normal" sorcery schticks (and some of them can have additional sorcery schticks like I Ming / Darkness should possess Necromancy for example) and they should all be around 25 AV - the difference between thunder and ice for example is IMHO way too big. An AV difference between 1 or 2 should be enough to define the different levels of abilities. This fits better IMHO with the general AV description, were an AV difference of 2-3 was the difference between good and very good, while 5+ would be total outclassing. Given the source material I think no monarch would outclass another monarch.

Buts that is criticizing on a very high level - again its a very good work, and I would love to see the chapter story continued. :slight_smile:

SYL