Parma Magica

I say that Parma is a Hermetic breakthrough mainly as a gut reaction. Aegis of the Hearth was a very limited exception to the idea that the Parma can't be made into a spell; it didn't create an actual guideline, and modifying the Aegis to create a version with new parameters would be another Major Breakthrough. Creating an actual Hermetic guideline, though, feels like it should be harder than creating the Aegis, but YSMV (it could be that part of the work is already done with the Aegis).

Also, because a Hermetic Breakthrough is fitting for something that could change the shape of the Order like this. This is to be the life's work of one of the greatest theorists in Hermetic history, who could do something Bonisagus never figured out!

Note that the Limit of Magic Resistance is, according to Hermetic theorists who may be talking through their hats, a Limit of Magic that somehow doesn't apply to the Parma. Whether this is a matter of difficulty or a matter of the Hermetic Order being good at rubbing out competition is up to the SG.

Also, I usually shy away from a spell guideline arbitrarily demanding a ritual; with the Hermetic Arts, usually, "demanding a ritual" should be emergent from what's being done (either the spell level or a Hermetic Limit such as Creation).

Hi,

my turn again ... ^^

Besides her personal goal (flaw) 'Bind Parma Magica in a spell' my maga has the virtue 'Guardian angel' so these two interfere with each other and combined they say to her:
'Do something no other magus has done before, not even Bonisagus the great father of magic theory and parma magica' (goal) and with this parma cast on mundanes dear to you (or better all mundanes, but this is quite noct possible because there are so many) give them a kind of shield/protection against infernal entrancement - save their souls!' (That last is a kind of 'command' from her guardian angel.)

So, you may say lifetime-protect a mundane from the infernal influences is nothing that is possible - and I as the player would agree with that - but my maga (and her angel) has another point of view ^^

So the topic here (please!) is NOT the possibility to avoid infernal entrancement to mundanes ...

My storyguide an I just wanted you opinion - is it possible to bind parma magica in a spell?

Should it be (just) a ritual like Aegis of the hearth with a changed target? But if it is (only) that, would that be the kind of breakthrough that qualifies for fullfilling her personal goal (to do what no magus before has done ^^) ...

Sorry for poor phrases and words - english is not my native language.

Well, no magus has ever turned the Parma into a spell, or changed the guidelines of the Aegis for that matter, so you'd be accomplishing those goals.

And yes, it would most certainly be possible, though it might take thirty or forty years minimum with a lot of luck and longer without.

Hope that solidifies your answer.