*peeks in* Hello

My thought was that the overwhelming theme in the "Huntress of the Woods" cult was the Ordained, sacrificing themselves for the sake of the healing of the world by following the Commandments set down by a people exiled (the Cult) from their home (that is, their House) and yearning to return the world (the Order of Hermes) into a body capable of approaching the Glory of the Creator (Harmony between the Worlds). It's a bit more of a stretch now I read over it again, but it was one of those moments where your brain suddenly sparks and thinks it's an idea. Could just be malfunction, of course.

Mmm. I do know that Jewish history was a huge inspiration for the writer of the Diedne section in the 4th edition HoH, and the Huntress in the Woods is pretty strongly implied to be a Diedne offshoot. (It might state that outright -- serf's parma.) So you might be on to something there.

But we've wandered off-topic. :slight_smile:

I do not want to throw cold water on the party but has JL said you can join? I ask because he just added 2 Magi and a NPC Magi to the Covenant. This takes some time to run all those threads. While it is fun to talk about it no one but JL can add a Mage to the campaign.

I don't believe there's been a storyteller answer yet, so I'm still in that happy "mulling about" stage where ideas are vague and chatter idle :slight_smile:

This slipped in under the radar, since Atlas's email notification is wildly delayed.
My only concern is that I'm really slammed with work issues right now and will be for a couple of weeks, with some free time on the weekend, and I've got all the stories set I want to tell for the next period of time, so what I could offer you, as a player, is some kind of secondary position in a couple of stories, if the other player is interested. I'm just juggling a lot right now. :smiley:

It would be very likely that they knew eachother, yes. Although Vanadis is not so much focused on the carnal aspects of Freya's worship (it's part and parcel more than dominating proceedings, so to speak), she would certainly seek to visit his former Covenant, were she in the neighbourhood.

Another possibility that came to mind is related to a plot ongoing in the Rhine Tribunal. To whit, Daria la Gris ab Tremere, the leader of the Apple Gild and senior maga of Triamore Covenant, seeks to form a seperate Lotharingian Tribunal together with Waddenzee, Heorot and the Lubeck Covenant. Obviously, they would try to draw in Covenants in Flanders and Normandy seeking more independance as well. It is very possible that Daria could have sent Vanadis as an agent. Although Vanadis has no personal opinion in the matter (yet), she could well owe favours to the Tremere maga. Vanadis shares a lot of House Tremere interests, anyway.

Want me to create a Companion or Grog level character in the meantime to fill that void? Vanadis can wait a little, I figure. I am liking the concept, though, and have more fleshed out off-site in the meantime.