Peering Into the Mortal Mind: Thorough Probing & Translating

I do not read the rules as it at all.

Page 77 say us:
"But arts are not merely knowledges; (...)
your score in a form (...) helps you resist spells of that type and avoid harm from mundane sources related to that form. (...) This bonus is equal to one fifth of your score in the form, rounded up, and adds to your ability to resist any damage deriving from that form."

Besides: if it apply to fatigue, why not to aging? And aging is explicitely excluded.

Poisons and diseases are damaging you, but not fatigue, nor "lies" or "confusion".

Thus, I believe your reading may be okay with your personal troupes, but is not RAW and shouldn't presented as it.

The example form bonuses for Mentem state that it is used for resisting persuasion, deception and temptation. In the core rulebook, under the art heading for Mentem.

My question (and this may be demanding its own thread) is if the resistance is purely against damage, what constitutes damage in this case?

Weird...

It's like for Vim: what is "soak total against damage inflicted by your own spellcasting but not damage inflicted by your own spells"...

I would simply dismiss those examples ^^, but that leads us to an Out of topic discussion :slight_smile:

Not really dismissable, since one of the examples is using Vim form bonus as part of your roll to avoid Twilight...

Well, I was saying i would dismiss the mentem example and that vim one (since I don't see what is "your own spellcasting" if it's not "your own spell"). The "vim form bonus" for twilight is not a problem: twilight is damaging you by warping if you can't avoid it.
But maybe opening a thread about form bonus would be better