pep-,wreck score--need help

I don't have the golden comeback sourcebook, but heard that vehicle properties like pep- and wreck score are in this book.
And now I want to know how this system works, because I love the matrix reloaded scene when morpheus and the others drive in this white car and bullets pump around everywhere wrecking this car till the film exceeds the limit of reality :smiley:

What are examples for the Pep score?
How does the drivers check against the wrecking of the vehicle work after it's wreck points are reduced to zero?

If anybody could give a short definition/example it would be great!!!

Der Pep Score ist nur eine Modifikation auf den Drive AV.
Normalerweise bewegen sich diese Werte zwischen
-3 (ganz mies) und +3 (wahnsinning gut).

Ein PS-starkes Oberklassefahrzeug (z.B. ein BMW M3 oder
ein Audi V8 Turbo) hätten etwa +2. Ein Lambourghini Diabolo +3.
Ein 10 Jahre alter Opel eher -1.
Dies läßt sich natürlich auf alle Fortbewegungsmittel übertragen.
Ausschlaggebend ist dabei nicht nur die Höchstgeschwindingkeit,
sondern auch die Pferdestärken, die Lenkbarkeit oder einfach nur
die Coolness (so bekommen die meisten Fahrzeuge mit Sirene und
Blaulicht +1 auf den Pep, sobald dieses eingeschaltet ist).

Von den Wreck Regeln rate ich allerdings eher ab. Diese beinhalten
ein neues Schadenssystem parallel zum normalen Kampfsystem und
machen die Sache nur komplizierter. Recht unausgegoren ist es leider
auch.
Behandele Fahrzeuge lieber wie Charaktere, überleg dir, wie leicht
oder schwer es sein soll, sie aus der Handlung zu befördern:

Einzelne No-Names auf Motorrädern/Skateboards/Rollerblades/...
sind einfach No-Names mit Rädern.

Gib anderen Fahrzeugen eine gewisse Toughness je nach Bauart,
der AV zum Treffen ist der Drive AV des Fahrers + Pep.
Wieviel Trefferpunkte das Fahrzeug einstecken kann, mach
wiederum einfach von der Bauart abhängig.

Beispiel:
Ein normales Auto (Pep 0) voller schießwütiger No-Names mit Drive Wert
8 hat einen AV von 8. So schwer ist es, dieses Fahrzeug zu Rammen oder mit einer Waffe zu treffen. Ich würde so einem Fahrzeug dann
noch eine Toughness von 10 und 10 Trefferpunkte geben. Sind die weg,
dann ist das Auto hinüber und die Insassen Kampfunfähig.

Fahrzeuge mit benannten Insassen sind dagegen viel schwieriger
zu zerstören (können mehr einstecken, der Fahrer mag einen höheren
AV haben). Der Fahrer könnte auch noch kampfesfähig aus den
Trümmern steigen.

Trefferpunkte für Fahrzeuge:
Motorrad mit No-Name Fahrer: - (mach dir nicht die Mühe)
Motorrad mit Benanntem Fahrer: 10
Durchschnittsauto voller No-Names: 10
Durchschnittsauto mit benanntem Fahrer: 20 - 30
Ein Truck: 40
Ein Panzer: 100

Bei letzterem spielt es keine so große Rolle mehr ob es No Names
sind oder nicht, die Fahrzeuge sind zu cool um sie zu schnell aus dem
Spiel zu nehmen (oder ?).

Ein Kampf zwischen Panzern, die allesamt in einer Senke aufeinander zu rollen und sich alla Weltkrieg II (Afrika Corps- ich hab zu viel Call of Duty gespielt:)) zu klump schießen, das wäre ein Spaß und müsste doch irgendwie zu arrangieren sein.

Dein System ist wirklich gut und einfach, ich werde es in Zukunft für meine Zwecke missbrauchen.
Dankeschön

[color=darkblue]Um...

Yeah. What he said.
[color=darkblue]
Weinershnitzel.
:wink:

Heh. Pass the babelfish. Although, from the little German I managed to learn seventeen years ago, that looks like a pretty good thumbnail summary of the system!

I particularly enjoyed the localisation of the examples.

Aye. Although it was welcome! I had to do some Wikipedia research on the Infiniti model when I got Golden Comeback, to work out what it was in any way equivalent to over on this side of the pond. And I'm usually regarded as a petrolhead.

Then again, given that I'll be running a London-based game soon(ish - in geological terms), I'll be statting up the classic London Black Cab (one character is a cabbie - I foresee him getting through a few of them) and the proper Mini Cooper (none of this BMW stuff). When I'm done, I might stick them up here, if there'd be any interest. Along with an assortment of additional shooters I've worked up (due to having a collection of props unrepresented in the books).

[color=darkblue]Ooo, hey, if anyone wants to post vehicles, I'll share the UH1 Bell "Huey" Vietnam Era helicopter I statted up for one of my player's PCs!

I've been meaning to stat up a wholes slew of vehicles, but that section of my website isn't working yet. But when it's running, baby, look out! Stats for everything from skateboards to dirigibles!

Would 'boards really need stats? Apart from anything else, they don't really need Driving skill (or the Scrappy Kid is a bit stranded). They're not really high on Wreck either. I suppose I'd just say that they allowed you to move at Mov x1.5, or possibly Mov x2. Could proabably hash up a Pep from that, but it wouldn't be too high. On the other hand, handy for really gratuitous stunts (rail-sliding down a bannister with a gun in each hand, capping mooks en route, doing a kick-off at the bottom to land on another mook).

I had some alternative emergency vehicles statted up on my site- I shan't reproduce them here.

If you have 'Blowing Up Hong Kong' then the section on the HK police force is also good for the UK- even the uniforms are similar.

If you have a London cabbie, make sure he has the skill 'The Knowledge' (INT).

Ta for the tip!

Aye. Except we get the really good hats for foot patrols, and armed response drive BMWs

Already ahead of you there - I did some swapping around of the EveryMan Hero Info skills - now he's what the red-tops would call a "Have-a-go Hero". Info/The Knowledge 13 - handy for knowing where addresses are, recalling shortcuts, and knowing that Yellow Box Junctions and some traffic lights don't really apply to cabs.

"Sensei wrote: Stats for everything from skateboards to dirigibles!"

"Would 'boards really need stats?"
[color=darkblue]

Um... dudes, I was kidding about statting up skateboards. :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue:
You never know - some of the people I've gamed with ... :slight_smile: