Podcast news

Hey Timothy, Just wanted to let you know I have been really enjoying the podcast. I have lasting plans to incorporate some of the stuff from the podcast into our saga.

I'll be statting some stuff up soon, so if you have parts you need hunters for, point them out, OK?

I just scripted the final episode for 2018! There's a Cornish folklorist's blog, called "The Cornish Bird" that I've sieved down for plot hooks. (cornishbirdblog.com/)

So, I'm going to write up the October digest and get cracking on the stats for November.

Yay!

The podcast is now autodistributing to YouTube. There's a problem in the guts of it somewhere so only 75% of the episodes have copied over, but that should get sorted out eventually. It is still available through iTunes and affiliated podcatchers.

The playlists are
Games From Folktales.
GFF Dunsany
GFF Monsters
GFF Cornwall
GFF History
GFF game advice

and whatever else people think might be handy.

youtube.com/channel/UCigxMl ... zSj74qvt4g

November transcripts

timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... ranscipts/

News

I'm glad I did the write-ups for November, but they did draw me away from fresh content for a while. The combined links are

1. Golgothan Dancers: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... n-dancers/
    2-3. Clocina's two faces: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... he-sewers/
  2. Hysteria demon: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... -hysteria/
  3. The demon of the ebony frame: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... ony-frame/
  4. The Orange with an evil laughter in its heart - the least of the Furies: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... he-orange/
    7: The President of the Exiles' Club: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... iles-club/
    8: Dunsany's puritanical devil timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... cal-devil/
    9: Ash-tree spiders: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... tatistics/
  5. Chaucer's demonic bailiff : timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... tatistics/
  6. Canon Alberic's Familiar: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... -familiar/
  7. The Ribboned Revener: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... g-revener/
  8. Efygia, the All-Consuming Patroness. timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... patroness/
  9. Julia Stone: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... a-revener/

The playlist as currently recorded is as follows. These are mostly where I've taken a Librivox recording and statted it up. That's a way I can use my 50 minute per month without having to write a lot (since I was statting up monsters instead). In December two of them are just my voice. In January it'll be three, February two, and from then on, hopefully all but one per month. February is currently the last Dunsany episode. This leaves me the opportunity to collect all of the Dunsany stuff in one file. That may be Episode 200.

D6: Lay of St Nicholas (bonus episode)
D6 Wolves of Cenogratz
D13 Hercules Epitrapezios
D20 Dunsany: Wind and Fog
D25: Song of the Morrow (Christmas bonus episode)
D27 C: Cornish bird notes
J3 Combat simplification
J17 D: Mist
F7 The New Mother
21 D: The Worm and the angel
March 7: From out of the world
April 4 The infernal regio of Major Weir
May 2: Paper Ship
July4: Painted Skin

178 pages of GFF!

Here's the 2018 collation!

timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... ales-2018/

Oh, btw...December is at: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... mber-2018/

So,

2016: timothyferguson.files.wordpress ... s_2016.pdf (72 pages)
2017: timothyferguson.files.wordpress ... annual.pdf (238 pages)
2018: timothyferguson.wordpress.com/2 ... ales-2018/ (178 pages)

488 pages, not including Cornwall (which was 118 or so, but there are some repititions), and hours and hours of podcast...

Can people check out timothyferguson.files.wordpress ... Demons.pdf and tell me if its useful as a format? Do the monsters make sense if I don't include the fiction they were cut from?

I just ordered the Cornwall map...

Oooooooh! Looking forward to seeing it!

Transcripts for the podcast will be delayed this week.

This week's episode is delayed. We are having a heatwave and my recording space is not air conditioned, so I'm waiting for it to not be an oven. Also, people are installing solar panels and my power is iffy while they hook them up.

Note on this year's themes.

The Cornish material will shift to Scilly, because I've found some awesome stuff. Basically there were a RL group of heretics there who thought humans were trapped in the world by the 12 spirits/demons of the zodiac. We have a missing astrological Sept of Criamon Magi. It's obvious what they tried to do, but how did they do it?

I've been looking for an author to replace Lord Dunsany. There are a few scraps between, but for the later half of the year, the author is Suling Pu, who collected medieval Chinese stories.

"Sounds" awesome!

Gang, I've said on the podcast I want to collect the creatures mentioned together in some way, but that will need to go on the back burner.

Basically the list of creatures that have yet to be statted up has reached 30, and I want to concentrate on getting their numbers down before collating a bestiary of what's already available, if scattered a bit. Also, the number will rapidly get worse: I originally planned to only have one monster a month, but one of the stories coming up has three creatures, for example.

So, Little Demons will still be up in ashcan, and the Dunsany stuff will still eventually be all collated together, but I'm going to concentrate on statting a monster from the backlog every few weeks, until we catch up and (Heavens) even get ahead.

An episode went early this month, but I've found just the perfect bit of oddness to replace it in a 16th century pamphlet on West Irish fishing. You'll see what I mean when we get there.

Hi,

Every star is a nail holding together the prison of time. In the cruelest of ironies, rather than breaking free from mortal concerns, every hero who ascends, every magus who endures grueling initiations to be hailed as a new god, every new star in the heavens becomes part of the trap holding everyone eternally, with even less opportunity to change anything.

Far from remaining the same, the prison of time gets stronger every cycle.

Hope glimmers amidst this despair. If it is possible to ascend, it is possible to prevent ascension by any means necessary. If new stars can be created, perhaps old stars can be destroyed. Only when the sky is cleansed of stars and the zodiac is no more can the prison of time be unlocked, freeing all life from the tyranny of fate.

Anyway,

Ken

That's beautiful, Ken.

Are you perhaps a Fallen London/Sunless Skies player?

For those of you who don't play, the cosmology of that game world includes the idea that the physical laws of the universe are held in place by starlight. The stars are alive, and they are at the head of the Great Chain of Being. Human souls are basically their food. A long time ago, the stars treated the dark stars (black holes) in a racist way, and a mixture of dark star assistance, human ingenuity, illicit passion, Victorian imperialism and steampunk science have let humans find ways to murder the stars.

I love what you've written, and I'll be putting a link to it in the web post when my, less poetic, offering goes live. I'll just be suggesting that humans caused the supernova in Taurus just before the game period, and used the injury to the Archon of Taurus to strike him down.

Once, again, beautiful stuff.

Thanks,

Timothy