polyaigos summer 1188

Xene

At this tirade Xene looks sadly into Mother Cleo's eyes, then closes hers and bows her head in prayer:

"O Glorious Saint Cyprian, filled with compassion for those who invoke you and with love for those who suffer, please aid me against the evil unearthed in this house of The Lord, help the believers understand this threat in their home for what it is."

Mother Cleo suddenly calms as a golden light surrounds the two of you. "I think, I think the patriarch enchanted me, somehow. he spoke about Christian charity, and it made sense at the time, but the words were twisted, he was asking me to give up a piece of my life for him. He did some ritual, the names he invoked, I'm not sure, I know they were not saints, or angels, maybe demons." She looks confused, as she clearly still does not trust you

Xene

A pitying look crosses Xene's face as she crosses herself. "It is as I suspected, Mother. After all of your previous tribulations, you have been harmed by a servant of the devil within the church. I wish it were not true. I know there is no love to lose between us but I firmly believe we both love Our Lord and despise the devil and his servants on earth... You have been ill since then? I would like for you to tell sister Justinia and my teacher what you told me. Would it be alright if I fetched them?"

She clings to your words as a lifeline "yes, yes, summon sister Justina."

Xene

Xene goes to the door and looks out, hoping there is someone she can send to get Minos and Justina.

[If either Turulf or Rhea are there she will send one of them to fetch them.]

Rhea has gone elsewhere, Turulf is there.

Xene

"Turulf, please go and fetch Minos and tell him to bring Justina... Do not tell anyone else."

Turulf

Turulf nodded, a bit disappointed to be sent away, but obedient.

When Turulf comes across Minos the senior magus inquires "How is Xene? Is she about ready to go yet?"

Turulf

"Not quite," Turulf said with a grimace. He stepped closer and spoke in a quiet voice. "The young mistress has asked for your presence, and that of Justina. She has also requested secrecy in the matter."

Minos rolls his eyes, turns to the room behind him and calls in to sister Justina " I suspect this is more to do with you than I, if you would come along." Then heads after Turulf with sister Justina catching up on the way there.

Xene

When they arrive Xene opens the door for them as if she's been standing right behind it the whole time, which she has. "Come in, Justina, Minos," she as as if rushed then glances into the hall behind them, "Turulf, stay here." And she pulls her head back into the room and closes the door.

Turning to Mother Cleo, "Please, Mother, tell them what you told me."

Mother cleo repeats her report, a bit more coherently this time while focusing on Justina. Midway through Minos nods slowly and gestures for Xene to join him in the hall.

Xene obediently follows her master into the hall.

"Well done on the investigation, this is no longer the orders business, unless Justina handles it poorly and someone requests an investigation, or lodges a complaint and we are needed to testify, but it is in her hands for now. Are you ready to leave or is there anyone else you want to speak with?"

Xene

"I am ready to leave," Xene says as little downcast, "I do not need to speak with anyone else. I was not well liked and the one person who fooled me said as much. I am aware it is merely the gift and I should not take it personally but it is upsetting to find out that those you considered friends... may not be."

"Sad though it may sound, at least there is something sympathetic to her having tried to fool you, and in time she could have gotten used to the Gift and learned to actually like you. At least she was willing to try."

5 xp for the adventure, 1 confidence for xene

between the end of this adventure and the tribunal of 1193:
tutor order of hermes lore (SQ:20)
teach vim (SQ:21)
tutor code of hermes (SQ:20)
teach mentem (SQ:21)
tutor code of hermes (SQ:20)
teach penetration (SQ:21)
class philosophae (SQ:17)
teach magic lore (SQ:21)
library pass
library pass
library/lab pass
teach infernal lore (SQ:21)
lab assist (In Vi spell)

Are lab texts available for the season I can use a lab?

The ones I'd be interested in are Sense the Nature of Vis InVi5 and Invisible Eye Revealed InVi Gen (lvl 15 or 20).

both are available, invisible eye revealed is at level 15